Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

The investigation might have begun by now, but the governor has already weighed in, riots have started. "Guilty until proven guilty" is me referring to the Governor of Wisconsin commenting on this OIS before the facts are in, see his comments below.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kenosha...esters-gather/

A large crowd of protesters gathered following the police shooting of a Black man in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Sunday. He was identified by Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers as Jacob Blake. The county declared a state of emergency overnight curfew, according to CBS Milwaukee affiliate WDJT-TV.

The man was transported to the hospital in serious condition, according to police. His father said on Facebook that his son is alive and in stable condition. Family friend Daniel Poneman tweeted that Blake is out of surgery, in the ICU and is "expected to make it."

Graphic video that purportedly shows the shooting began circulating on social media. The video, which appears to have been taken from across the street, shows the man walking around an SUV as police yell at him with weapons drawn, with one officer closely following him. As the man opens the driver-side door of the vehicle, the officer grabs the back of the man's shirt and appears to fire several shots into the man's back. At least seven shots are heard in the video, but it was unclear how many officers fired.
    Governor's comments:

"Tonight, Jacob Blake was shot in the back multiple times, in broad daylight, in Kenosha, Wisconsin," Evers said in the statement. "Kathy and I join his family, friends, and neighbors in hoping earnestly that he will not succumb to his injuries. While we do not have all of the details yet, what we know for certain is that he is not the first Black man or person to have been shot or injured or mercilessly killed at the hands of individuals in law enforcement in our state or our country."
    Video, shooting starts around 30 seconds in.

#RESIST

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    "Tonight, Jacob Blake was shot in the back multiple times, in broad daylight, in Kenosha, Wisconsin,"
    Yes, he was, while attempting to dive into a vehicle to get who knows what.

I don't know the procedures enough to speculate what, if anything, officers could have done to avoid this. But I see what Jacob Blake could've (not) done.

Speculation, absent evidence, especially by government officials, (who should know and do better), does no one any good...and needlessly fans flames, putting lives at risk.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

The FB brigade and national media already has the tar/feathers out, so why bother with an investigation? Everybody already knows what happened, so why have courts, judges, juries, etc these days? We've become so enlightened.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I'm trying to confirm, but I thought a local news source said the LEO's tried to taser him prior to the video starting.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Speculation, absent evidence, especially by government officials, (who should know and do better), does no one any good...and needlessly fans flames, putting lives at risk.
    Governor is just getting out front with his BLM support before the mobs show up at the governors mansion. The problem with that is they don't really care.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Some of the statements from the locals seem... misguided

https://www.fox6now.com/news/protest...ing-in-kenosha
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

This dominated the streams last night.
    At one point, a woman came up to the streamer and told him something to the effect of, "My daughter is following this, and he just died in the hospital".
    That spread like wildfire, and shit got cranked up to "11".
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Kenosha(stan) here we come:

People do not get shot when they cooperate with the police. It's really not a difficult concept.

User Tag List