Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 944

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

  1. #801
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    One of my students just went back to Poland (she was an au paire here) and we discussed politics a fair amount while she was here for 2 years. Let's just say that Poland is way right of Trump. They have a VERY religious right that is barely accepting of small portion of the LGBTQ community, so.....let's not over romanticize the past, our past relationships, or how much better every other country is doing b/c TDS/OMB.
    Since you quoted me what the fuck does Poland and over romanticizing the past have to do with the fact that LVNR works but is not appropriate for someone with edged weapon in hand ?

  2. #802
    gulag bound blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Since you quoted me what the fuck does Poland and over romanticizing the past have to do with the fact that LVNR works but is not appropriate for someone with edged weapon in hand ?
    Now you know what it feels like...
    Every day I convince myself that I can't be more disgusted by what I see our country willingly turning itself into...
    ...and then I find out the next morning just how wrong I was.

  3. #803
    Member BaiHu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In front of pixels.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Since you quoted me what the fuck does Poland and over romanticizing the past have to do with the fact that LVNR works but is not appropriate for someone with edged weapon in hand ?
    Nothing. I didn't mean to quote you at all. I was being lazy and simply copied @hufnagel's post. Honest mistake.

    ETA: I have NO clue now how that quote got in there. I just looked back and saw that huf didn't quote you either. Must've been a fat finger on my phone. *shrug*
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

  4. #804
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Now you know what it feels like...
    If I had to move Id move to Poland before god damn NJ.

  5. #805
    Member BaiHu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In front of pixels.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If I had to move Id move to Poland before god damn NJ.
    LOL! wait, I live here
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

  6. #806
    Hobbyist JAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    One of my students just went back to Poland (she was an au paire here) and we discussed politics a fair amount while she was here for 2 years. Let's just say that Poland is way right of Trump. They have a VERY religious right that is barely accepting of small portion of the LGBTQ community, so.....let's not over romanticize the past, our past relationships, or how much better every other country is doing b/c TDS/OMB.
    Its not an unnuanced situation in Poland right now. Keep in mind that this is a people who had their religion suppressed by a leftist totalitarian state for forty years, then joined a leftist totalitarian state and are surprised to see that their religion is being suppressed.

  7. #807
    gulag bound blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Its not an unnuanced situation in Poland right now. Keep in mind that this is a people who had their religion suppressed by a leftist totalitarian state for forty years, then joined a leftist totalitarian state and are surprised to see that their religion is being suppressed.
    Poland was once considered a very enlightened place. And then the chickens came home to roost in one form or another. I'd feel a lot sorrier for them had their hands been somewhat cleaner.
    Every day I convince myself that I can't be more disgusted by what I see our country willingly turning itself into...
    ...and then I find out the next morning just how wrong I was.

  8. #808
    Site Supporter RoyGBiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Poland was once considered a very enlightened place. And then the chickens came home to roost in one form or another. I'd feel a lot sorrier for them had their hands been somewhat cleaner.
    Some of the most boring food I've ever experienced.
    At least they use spices in Hungary..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

  9. #809
    Brass Rat Borderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Salish Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Some of the most boring food I've ever experienced.
    At least they use spices in Hungary..
    It's a lot like eating cardboard and if you eat it in a Polish restaurant around here you get surly wait staff with your cardboard. $20 for watery beet soup and a sausage. The Black Boss porter is excellent though. I just drink that and forget about the crappy service and bad food. I have a friend who is Slovak or something who likes Polish food. I guess he's too damn lazy to make it himself.

    I eat Mexican food almost every day. My wife and I both cook it.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-05-2020 at 02:11 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

  10. #810
    Site Supporter Sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    MI/NC
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Some of the most boring food I've ever experienced.
    At least they use spices in Hungary..
    Sonofabitch. You got something against perogies?

    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •