Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    The comments cited in the article above don't include anything about the rank and file supporting Rittenhouse. Is there more to the comment?
    I didn't quote the entire article, which also stated that he said this:

It went on to say, "’Every rank and file police officer supports you."
    Another thing that bothers me is that the Virginia Pilot (a newspaper in Norfolk) used information hacked from a site, i.e., illegally obtained. That seems unethical to me (yeah, I know that the media has no ethics), but they (and the hackers) should be the ones being investigated.

Using work emails for non-work related stuff is a no-no anywhere I've worked. And I'm not law enforcment.

Using an official email for private stuff is not best practice. Worthy of being fired over? I don't think so. But you can't be shocked when you work for politicians, you buck the woke narrative using a work email (even if "anonymous" whatever that means today) and it later comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I didn't quote the entire article, which also stated that he said this: "’Every rank and file police officer supports you."
    Interesting. Thanks. That very expression separates him from speaking for the department as such, and shows he is speaking only as a rank and file officer. In other words, he's speaking for himself.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Using work emails for non-work related stuff is a no-no anywhere I've worked. And I'm not law enforcment.
    I'm not, either. But for whatever it is worth, I have never worked anywhere, since email became a thing, where I was told that my work email was for work only. We've got enough cops around here that I expect we can get a pretty good idea of how that generally works for peace officers, though.

I'm not, either. But for whatever it is worth, I have never worked anywhere, since email became a thing, where I was told that my work email was for work only. We've got enough cops around here that I expect we can get a pretty good idea of how that generally works for peace officers, though.
    I have a really hard time understanding why anyone would want to cross the streams of work and personal that way. I don't even let my personal cell phone talk to the wi-fi network at work for that very reason, and I LIKE my employer.

I have never worked anywhere, since email became a thing, where I was told that my work email was for work only.
    I have.

Work emails are discoverable, and there's no expectation of privacy from your employer.

I think it's ridiculous that the lieutenant got fired, but it was not smart to use an official email address for that.

I worked for a gov't agency. I used a gmail account set up by our dept. to move data from remote sites. Anyone in our group could read those. I never used it for personal communication. I also CC'd all of my official dept emails to my personal gmail account for backup incase 1) data disappeared and 2) dept emails were deleted from servers for reasons only mgmt. could explain.

A friend of mine used his work email to move a really damning report about his departments building permit fees to a supervisor. Some irate taxpayer got it through a freedom of information act and it made the local paper with his name as the source. He was not amused.

I also know a person who was terminated for a really vicious anti LGBT attack on a fellow employee using dept email. You can't fix stupid.

I can't believe people in this century are still using their employers email account for anything personal. It a GD hand grenade.
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-21-2021 at 06:07 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I have a really hard time understanding why anyone would want to cross the streams of work and personal that way. I don't even let my personal cell phone talk to the wi-fi network at work for that very reason, and I LIKE my employer.
    Maybe it's just my line of work. There really don't tend to be hard and fast distinctions between work and personal. I dunno.

The policy of not using work email for personal communication has been in place at every single company I’ve worked for in Aerospace since 1981.

Work computers and infrastructure are provided for company use only. The last few years of my career in fact they started introducing splash screens containing an explicit statement of this policy the user had to acknowledge.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That is such bullshit. I hope that he can sue.
    1A is a disfavored right for those who oppose the Woke. (Justice) Robert's rules apply.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List