Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Be careful with that reference, one of the most amusing things I saw was an obviously upscale woman at the deli counter in San Antonio, trying to order chopped liver from the nice TX young lady behind the counter.

The latter was confused and the former was frustrated. The latter suggested they had liverwurst. Boarshead - which is pretty good but not chopped liver.

Despite wanting to be noninterventionist (as in giving advice in the LGS), I had to intervene - and let the NYC lady know that it was not available except at a small local bagel store and Jewish style restaurant near the JCC.

As to the trial, Kyle better have a calm criminal defense lawyer set and not the PR clowns from before. He has a reasonable doubt self-defense claim IMHO (not a lawyer opinion). A grandstanding lawyer for the 'cause' is not the way to go.
    How hard is it to differentiate between an attention seeking grandstander and a someone with a client's best interest at heart? Genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    How hard is it to differentiate between an attention seeking grandstander and a someone with a client's best interest at heart? Genuinely curious.
    Like Potter Stewart, I know it when I see it. (I've been around enough defense attorneys to get a good read pretty quickly.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Like Potter Stewart, I know it when I see it. (I've been around enough defense attorneys to get a good read pretty quickly.)
    Usually when they strut into the courtroom looking like a banty rooster with something to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Usually when they strut into the courtroom looking like a banty rooster with something to prove.
    In my experience, those are the ones who fall hardest. (Anecdotal...but my experience nonetheless.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Kyle Rittenhouse speaks to Tucker Carlson in first TV interview

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do7sbWaZstQ>

Student
    Andrew Branca will be on Timcast tonight.
    I was previously on TimCast IRL following the Chauvin trial back in May, and expect tonight we'll be discussing the recently acquitted Kyle Rittenhouse, the still-deliberating Ahmaud Arbery case trial, perhaps the upcoming Kim "Taser-Taser-Taser" Potter trial, perhaps the recent Waukesha massacre, and much, much more.

User Tag List