Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I guess they forgot the whole 'actions have consequences' thing...

...go figure.
    Dude, you are dating yourself. That's so 19th and 20th century talk right there!

Love playing up the whole "I'm a paramedic " angle.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Milwaukee Journal Sentinel View Post
    According to the lawsuit, Anthony Huber struck Rittenhouse with his skateboard in an attempt to disarm him after Rittenhouse had killed Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, a few moments earlier a couple of blocks away. Rittenhouse fatally shot Huber.

Grosskreutz, 27, of Milwaukee, was at the protests and saw Huber, 26, get shot. He then raised his hands and approached Rittenhouse, who was sitting in the street, when Rittenhouse shot him, destroying about 90% of Grosskreutz's right bicep.

If Grosskreutz, a paramedic, had not had his own tourniquet and knew how to use it, he may also have died, the lawsuit states.The lawsuit does not mention that, as is visible in bystander video of the shootings, Grosskreutz had a handgun in his left hand when he was shot.

His attorney, Kimberley Motley, declined to answer questions about the suit.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

This looks like it might be a favorable development.

Kyle Rittenhouse’s lawyers can refer to the men he shot as “rioters” and “looters,” but prosecutors still may not call them “victims” at any time during the teen’s upcoming murder trial, a judge ruled Monday.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/rittenhou...125700152.html

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I can't believe people in this century are still using their employers email account for anything

I would bet most people here have seen the videos, multiple times. It's clear that Gaige approaches, pistol in hand, and then when Kyle notices, he raises his hands, but does not drop the gun. He then waits until Kyle is distracted, and attempts to take aim, at which point he is promptly shot for his efforts.

Most Americans have probably not watched the videos as thoroughly, or at all. They're just reading the articles. But the jury will. And that part, with Gaige, is in clear enough focus.

I've seen some commentary that Gaige has said some stupid things on social media. One thing was that he, "wished he'd emptied his entire magazine (into Kyle)". There was another quote like that, too. I don't know if they're authentic, but that will surely bite him in the ass, if they are.

PS, is this guy actually a paramedic? Even EMT-B?

Quote Originally Posted by randy dragon View Post
    PS, is this guy actually a paramedic? Even EMT-B?
    IIRC Gaige Grosskreutz had been a paramedic but was out of State of Wisconsin compliance at the time, i.e. not licensed as a paramedic. All indications he had requisite training and had worked in a pre-hospital setting.

Internet says he was convicted of a criminal misdemeanor for going armed with a firearm while intoxicated in 2016. Unsure if that hastened him out of the paramedic job.

This thread is starting to get a bit long. I wounder if someone should start a new just about the trial?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    This thread is starting to get a bit long. I wounder if someone should start a new just about the trial?
    What are you, chopped liver?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Be careful with that reference, one of the most amusing things I saw was an obviously upscale woman at the deli counter in San Antonio, trying to order chopped liver from the nice TX young lady behind the counter.

The latter was confused and the former was frustrated. The latter suggested they had liverwurst. Boarshead - which is pretty good but not chopped liver.

Despite wanting to be noninterventionist (as in giving advice in the LGS), I had to intervene - and let the NYC lady know that it was not available except at a small local bagel store and Jewish style restaurant near the JCC.

As to the trial, Kyle better have a calm criminal defense lawyer set and not the PR clowns from before. He has a reasonable doubt self-defense claim IMHO (not a lawyer opinion). A grandstanding lawyer for the 'cause' is not the way to go.

User Tag List