Page 56 of 99 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. I'll add to the discussion where I can going forward but I want to stay in my lane.

Understanding these three terms will help you understand and analyze antifa activity:
    • In overt action, you conceal neither the act or the actor. The 82nd Airborne operates in an overt manner.
    • In covert action, you conceal the actor but not the act. Armed robberies are usually meant to be covert.
    • In clandestine action, you conceal the actor and the act. Embezzlement and marital infidelity are usually meant to clandestine.

We can't say that antifa has begun to undertake overt activity, but their covert activity implies the presence of supporting clandestine activity, which implies financial sponsors and a command structure with the ability to
    • enforce directives through discipline or force
    • gather information and convert it into intelligence
    • communicate with internal and external audiences
    • gather and store weapons, tools, and materiel
    • recruit and train newcomers
    • move people and materiel
    • care for people (payment, food, shelter, medical care, legal representation, etc.)

The classic guerrilla movement is organized into three broad groups to carry out these activities. For security, these groups are organized into cells separated by cutouts. They don’t know of each other’s existence so they can only reveal limited amounts of information about their own activity. FWIW, the larger criminal organizations use essentially the same ideas.

The guerrillas are the foot soldiers. They support the effort directly. They work full time and they get paid, even if they have to wait for the war to end first, so they need a lot of covert and clandestine support. They work in an overt or covert manner. In this case they’re still covert since they're covering their faces, intimidating people who document their activities, etc. We also haven't seen official uniforms or insignia--yet.

The auxiliary supports the cause philosophically and provides part-time or occasional covert support as a part of their daily routine. This includes the legitimate trucking company that occasionally hauls cargo for the cause, the attorney who provides legal representation, or the funeral home that disposes of bodies as that arrive without documentation.

The underground support the cause in a clandestine manner, such as by gathering and sharing information that can be incorporated into the intelligence cycle, facilitating communication between the command structure and captured fighters, etc. In this case, the underground includes the financial sponsors, members of the command structure, the media, and some public officials. This group runs the greatest risk and had the least plausible deniability, so they're usually the most compartmentalized.

There’s a lot more to it than this and every instance is different, but in broad strokes that’s how it works. Thus far the only things that we haven’t seen are the command structure and financial sponsorship, but the fact that everything else is there implies their presence.

The way to break this up is to focus on the links between these three groups, then expose and attack the clandestine and covert actors. I think that's what we're seeing when LEOs arrested a Seattle-based crew from Riot Kitchen in Kenosha yesterday (https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...rve-free-food/). I'd definitely want to know as much as I could about who owns the Riot Kitchen vehicles, who provided the food, who's cooking, what bank accounts they're using, etc.

Okie John
    Using BLM as an example, another such weakness in the armor of anarchic groups like these is that even though they appear to value or hold in higher esteem as specific ethnicity or racial groups, the fact is that they don't do so in a rational or consistent manner. That is to say, that a group like BLM who claims that ''black lives matter!'', that their behavior suggests that only certain black lives matter. If you are black yet fall outside of their standard of orientation (that is, you are politically conservative, are not in favor of defunding law-enforcement, don't see looting as reparations, etc.) you don't qualify under their definition as being black in the right way and therefore don't warrant their validation or inclusion within. Conversely, if you have a problem with police officers killing blacks, yet black-on-black homicide doesn't so much as raise your heart rate, you are likely part of that black sub-group that qualifies as ''being black in the right way''. In other words, these groups (AntiFa, BLM, NFAC, etc.) have a dichotomous and highly irrational interpretation of who qualifies as ''part of the group'' and who does not making them susceptible to internal division vis-a-vis their poorly defined interpretation of 'friend' and 'foe'.

How that is used to address the issues of the day (rioting, looting, arson, wholesale violence up to and including murder) is the big question.

Who knows? Maybe groups like these eventually implode under their own weight as intra-organizational divisions undermine them?
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 08-28-2020 at 01:24 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Out of curiosity, will that particular quillotine design be sold on Amazon in the future?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Looks like feds or local are already detaining. A group named Riot Kitchen made a statement about it.

I hope there will be good folks who will defend Antioch from those looking to retaliate. It is a small town though from the sound of it.
    Followup on the riot group:

https://thepostmillennial.com/portla...-gas-canisters

EDIT: I see okie mentioned them too, thanks.
    Last edited by Yung; 08-28-2020 at 01:57 PM.

Has anybody heard anthing about the calibers of the rounds that hit the first guy? I understand the autopsy showed the head wound wasn't fatal but he was hit in the liver/lung by one round and his pelvis was fractured by another.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Maybe groups like these eventually implode under their own weight as intra-organizational divisions undermine them?
    If antifa actually is leaderless, then yes. If it has a strong command structure with the will and the means to mete out discipline, then they'll deal with schisms and move forward.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    One suspects a change in their ROE will be to not put RIOT KITCHEN in large letters down the side of their assault/transport vehicles in future.

Let them eat amazon fresh!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

From his attorney, I think..

“When you start manufacturing facts to support false accusations, you get into trouble under the law of defamation. Kyle did not carry a gun across state lines. The gun belonged to his friend, a Wisconsin resident. The gun never left the State of Wisconsin.Truth always prevails.”

Lin Wood
    @LLinWood
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LLinWood

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    From his attorney, I think..

“When you start manufacturing facts to support false accusations, you get into trouble under the law of defamation. Kyle did not carry a gun across state lines. The gun belonged to his friend, a Wisconsin resident. The gun never left the State of Wisconsin.Truth always prevails.”

Lin Wood
    @LLinWood
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LLinWood

So what kind of trouble is the friend currently getting into?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List