Thread: Need help with a kydex holster modification

Need help with a kydex holster modification

I have a holster that's meant for a Beretta 92a1 with a Surefire x400 mounted to it, but my actual setup is a 92a1 with an x400v. The x400v is a little longer than the regular x400 so I dremeled out the bottom of the light area of the holster so that it'd fit and it works great. The problem is the lens of the light sticks out the bottom of the holster a little bit and I'd like to give it a little more protection so I dont accidentally bump it on something and bust the lens of my light. So does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do? I was thinking about maybe wrapping some leather down around the bottom, but I don't know how I'd attach it. Or is there some way I could mold more kydex down around the bottom and attach it somehow? I haven't worked with kydex very much. Any help would be appreciated.

Either deal with it or buy a new holster would be my guess. Probably going to look like ass with leather stuffed in it and the odds are the glass will be just fine.

2 things:

If it’s an AIWB or IWB don’t worry about it. It’ll be fine.

If it’s an OWB more info about the holster (or a pic) would help us answer your question better.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List