Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The "should I keep or sell this gun?" thread

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I have a kahr p9 that I havent shot in years. I keep it around because I never know when there will be a need for a loaner. If I didnt get it back it wouldnt cause me any grief.
    Some guns are like shovels except there are no classes on the proper way to use and maintain a shovel for a novice.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    19X stock with Gadget and a bunch of extra mags... unfired so far... sell or keep? If sell whats the going rate these days?
    I’m keeping mine, and have thought about getting a spare, but the on the shelf price scared me. It was about $120 more than I paid for the one I have.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    You guys want to know how bad I am at selling guns?

I own a Sig Mosquito which is honestly one of the most unreliable guns I have ever owned. I have kept it around just because it served as a good analog to a 9mm handgun despite the fact that it is smaller. Now that I have an MOST EXCELLENT .22LR Beretta 92 conversion kit, the Mosquito is really superfluous. Because of the STUPIDITY of the Kalifornia roster and the fact that the Mosquito is not on the roster anymore - I can probably sell it for more that $500.

But - the little voice at the back of my head says "keep it - maybe your kids will want it......." "Maybe you will be able to trade it for penicillin or Hydrochloride in a post apocalyptic Biden/Harris future"

Someone push me over the edge........

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Calguns is calling, dude.

If you want a nice .22 shooter, get a Buck Mark. Then your kids will at least be able to want something worth having.

BTW, it's .22LR ammo that is going to function as currency after the apocalypse. Not crappy guns that don't go bang.

I'm liking selling guns so much that I'm actually thinking about selling one I really like. Because it's also had a history of being crappy and not going bang.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

I own a Sig Mosquito which is honestly one of the most unreliable guns I have ever owned. I have kept it around just because it served as a good analog to a 9mm handgun despite the fact that it is smaller. Now that I have an MOST EXCELLENT .22LR Beretta 92 conversion kit, the Mosquito is really superfluous. Because of the STUPIDITY of the Kalifornia roster and the fact that the Mosquito is not on the roster anymore - I can probably sell it for more that $500.

But - the little voice at the back of my head says "keep it - maybe your kids will want it......." "Maybe you will be able to trade it for penicillin or Hydrochloride in a post apocalyptic Biden/Harris future"

I would dump that one in a hot minute.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Glock 17 Gen 4

Arms list seems fine, but I just don’t want to deal with the hassle - quite honestly I’m about that same with Gun Broker.
    After buying, selling and horse trading I ended up with 3 Glock 17's that honestly I won't be using. I tried to love 'em, and I don't hate 'em, but they don't do anything for me a 19 can't.

If I was ever going to sell them now would be the time, but they're free to keep and I just don't want to deal with the Armslist derp.

Site Supporter

I'm sorry for my slow reply, but why would you want to burden your kids with an unreliable pistol? Surely you love them more than that!

So far I'm doing okay with my selling. I made a little money off the Beretta CX4. Yesterday I finally got around to listing my Sig 516. I wrote an uncharacteristically effusive description for the GunBroker listing and set the opening price at $1,000. Buy it now price is $2,000. It's a two week auction, and I already have one bid. I'll be surprised if I make money off the 516 though. Amazingly, I've only shot 180 rounds through the 516 in four range trips over the past eight years. If I really loved the rifle, I would shoot it more. The down side is that the replacement guns I've bought have cost more than the guns I've sold, but that's just the way it is. No regrets as of yet.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I'm sorry for my slow reply, but why would you want to burden your kids with an unreliable pistol? Surely you love them more than that!

So far I'm doing okay with my selling. I made a little money off the Beretta CX4. Yesterday I finally got around to listing my Sig 516. I wrote an uncharacteristically effusive description for the GunBroker listing and set the opening price at $1,000. Buy it now price is $2,000. It's a two week auction, and I already have one bid. I'll be surprised if I make money off the 516 though. Amazingly, I've only shot 180 rounds through the 516 in four range trips over the past eight years. If I really loved the rifle, I would shoot it more. The down side is that the replacement guns I've bought have cost more than the guns I've sold, but that's just the way it is. No regrets as of yet.
    I’ll be listing it this week.

I really like my 516 - in fact it’s my favorite carbine.

Site Supporter
    I've got two guns that fit in this category, a SIG P6 and a 4" Colt Official Police.

I bought the P6 when the German police trade-ins came flooding in. I forget what I paid for it. It ran fine but most of the finish was worn off the slide. Back then, you could send a SIG to the mothership and they'd refurb it (pins and springs) and replace the sights with tritiums for $125. I did that and had the slide refinished while it was there for another $125. It was basically like-new when I got it back. It worked through 150-200 124-grain +P HSTs with nary a bobble and happily eats my handloads. I would've happily carried it...if it weren't for where the slide release is. I'd have to stop shooting all my other autoloaders if I were to carry it, so it sits in the safe.

I found the OP at a local gun show for a good price back when nobody else wanted revolvers. It was produced back in the 60s by the serial number and has some honest finish wear but is solid mechanically. It's accurate and places 158-grain bullets right at the top of the front sight. I had Bell Charter Oaks make a pancake holster for it - they either have a form for it or another OP - and it carries quite nicely. I even have six each Comp II and HKS speedloaders for it, and the cylinder release isn't an issue for me. But if it breaks, it may not be repairable due to the dearth of parts, so it too sits in the safe.

I need to list them in the classifieds here. At least they'd go to a good home.

Site Supporter
    I really like my 516 - in fact it’s my favorite carbine.
    Don't tell me that! I don't want to second guess myself! What sort of hand guard do you have on yours?

User Tag List