Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The "should I keep or sell this gun?" thread

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    That makes a lot of sense. Shit. Now I need a...what is it an “O light”? Is that for illuminating the bidet?

But yeah seriously that hadn’t occurred to me. Last light I had was this boat anchor incandescent thing I bought for my M&P 1.0. I’ll look into the Magpul 21s. Thx.
    Official light dujour thread waxing poetic on the valkyrie:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Friday-May-8th

Not that my opinion should count for much, but I find the 21-rounders to be in the sweet spot for the G45 that is on current nightstand duty. I know the OEM 33-rounder sounds sexier, but it’s sorta unwieldy.

Strange days when a guy like me—dedicated snub/LCR and wheelgun advocate—looks at a stock G45 and thinks “man, 17 really isn’t very much...”. Strange days indeed.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    USP Compact plus X-Grip adaptor uses 17-rd or 20-rd VP9/P30 mags.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Official light dujour thread waxing poetic on the valkyrie:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Friday-May-8th

Not that my opinion should count for much, but I find the 21-rounders to be in the sweet spot for the G45 that is on current nightstand duty. I know the OEM 33-rounder sounds sexier, but it’s sorta unwieldy.

Strange days when a guy like me—dedicated snub/LCR and wheelgun advocate—looks at a stock G45 and thinks “man, 17 really isn’t very much...”. Strange days indeed.
    A 5 shot LCR will get you through a shooting (as opposed to a gun fight).

In a 2 way gunfight, bullets are opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I don't think there is a single gun I have ever gotten rid of that I haven't wished at multiple times I still had.

There are a few that I sold to allow me to purchase a gun I wanted more, and that consoles me to some degree but I still wish I had a "Gun Safe of Holding" and a larger budget.

So my rule - unless you are buying guns for speculative purposes (which I'm not into due to many pitfalls), unless selling the gun will allow you to upgrade your collection then DON'T DO IT!!!

My other rule - NEVER, AND I MEAN NEVER sell a gun for a chick!*

* That can be because she thinks you have to many, or you sell your gun to buy her something you think she will like, or whatever stupid reason comes along.
    I've bought them for a "chick" but never sold them for one. That was when I had a job and unlimited overtime. Now I just look in the safe and see what needs to get sold based on space and use. Shoot it or lose it, my new motto. I have a few 22's set aside for a grand kid, but there's nothing in there collecting dust, I shoot those also.
    Last edited by Borderland; 08-24-2020 at 09:56 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    That is why every firearm I sell now goes on consignment at a local store or is shipped to a FFL friend in Texas for sale. The latter costs me a bit, but it is worth not having to deal with Gunbroker.
    It's definitely more hassle than putting then on consignment, but I think the prices justify it right now. I sold two guns on consignment last year, but those together didn't bring as much as I expect to get from the CX4.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    I was thinking of selling several HK45 full size. I am not sure of the market.

I prefer the USP 45 etc.... series.
    I've had my eye on a HK45 for a long time. They've been going for about $700 lately, I think. This seems like a deal compared to everything else. I think the fact that they were more expensive pre-panic and the fact that they are not 9mm has kept the price on them from going too high. Notably, when I stopped by Academy on Friday, they had a couple of kinds of 45 ACP FMJ in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    It's definitely more hassle than putting then on consignment, but I think the prices justify it right now. I sold two guns on consignment last year, but those together didn't bring as much as I expect to get from the CX4.

I've had my eye on a HK45 for a long time. They've been going for about $700 lately, I think. This seems like a deal compared to everything else. I think the fact that they were more expensive pre-panic and the fact that they are not 9mm has kept the price on them from going too high. Notably, when I stopped by Academy on Friday, they had a couple of kinds of 45 ACP FMJ in stock.
    Get the HK45 if you can. I traded for one about 6 months ago and it's everything I thought it would be and more. I'm convinced it would be the Army's new pistol right now if the JCPP had not been canceled. It's a very nice pistol.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I wish I was allowed to buy a HK45.........

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Get the HK45 if you can. I traded for one about 6 months ago and it's everything I thought it would be and more. I'm convinced it would be the Army's new pistol right now if the JCPP had not been canceled. It's a very nice pistol.
    My hang up is that it's a ten round pistol. I've got nothing against ten round pistols, but if we can only buy ten round mags a year from now, I'd rather spend money right now on guns that take more than ten rounds.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I wish I was allowed to buy a HK45.........
    You can get a USP Expert if you can still find one. I would recommend it next time they come around. Still on the roster, along with the Elite.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    My hang up is that it's a ten round pistol. I've got nothing against ten round pistols, but if we can only buy ten round mags a year from now, I'd rather spend money right now on guns that take more than ten rounds.
    Agreed. I think we're very close to magazine restrictions in this state. Not sure how that will go down. The mags may become contraband like they are in some states, or just illegal to purchase or sell in this state.

A question for anyone in CA. If you had a Beretta 92, can you buy a 17 rd. mag for it or use it with the original mag?

User Tag List