Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The "should I keep or sell this gun?" thread

I have a CX4, I don't like the safety or the grip but for some reason I can't bring myself to get rid of it. I have unloaded my 92A1's and M&P's. My last two PX4's will be going soon.

I used the 2013 panic to unload some guns I never should have bought in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    As an aside, if anyone posts anything for sell, be aware that your user name can be cross-referenced with feedback to reveal more info than you may want. Looking over my info, I realized that you could get my zip code and full name without trying very hard. Fortunately, Gunbroker makes it easy to change your user name, so that's taken care of now.
    That is why every firearm I sell now goes on consignment at a local store or is shipped to a FFL friend in Texas for sale. The latter costs me a bit, but it is worth not having to deal with Gunbroker.

I keep going back and forth as to whether to post in this thread or not.

I have a 2017, early, pig-nose Glock 19 gen 5 that I bought in 2017 with my first GSSF coupon for $480 I think it was. It's (mostly) redundant as I'm trying to figure out whether my carry needs and competition interests (to be honest USPSA is more of a hobby) will be served by a Sig P365XL. To date, the Sig is working out, 480 rounds with zero malfunctions, blah blah. With my Ruger LCR, these three guns "are" my gun collection.

Thing is I pick up the Glock 19 and think, you know, "for me" it's a pretty large sized gun. Still, sitting on the nightstand with a mag of 147 HSTs is a good feeling. Or, in the event I need a gun in the glovebox with another mag spare, it seems like a pretty decent option these days.

I did peek at GB online to see what asking prices would be for a well-used Glock 19 with 6000+ rounds, and it just doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle of FFL xfer plus shipment fees, to extract some cash out of it, even in the pandemic. It's a gen 5, so no Cali sales driving price up for me. I am guessing I might clear $4xx. Which is probably not far off what I'd get in trade (plus my LGS would give me a receipt, plus no shipping costs, plus no FFL fees) in on another P365XL, which to be honest is probably what I'll do. Trading in might not be the most cost effective, and I'm sure I've left money on the table in all my transactions but it's something I'm willing to absorb as a trade for not having to deal with an unknown buyer across the country.

Good thread. I find the stories interesting.

Site Supporter
    I usually regret selling any guns but I can’t afford them all. My mantra has become “less guns but better guns”. I agree that a lot of this short supply is being done by new gun owners. Gunbroker has gotten crazy. Most of my acquaintances that asked me about guns seem shocked by how expensive they are. they think $79 Saturday night specials actually exist.
    It appears the new owners fall into one of these categories-
    - I want a Glock
    - I want a 9mm
    - I want a shotgun
    - I want an AR-15
    - I want a rifle
    - I want a revolver
    - I want a 38
    - I want a 357
    I am taking this opportunity to clean out the safe and upgrade.
    Last edited by Poconnor; 08-24-2020 at 08:34 AM.

GB is strange. I’ve seen several 870 express tacticals with ridiculous bids (over $800) at the same time there are used Wingmasters and 1100s for half of that or less.

I’m on the fence about selling my century VZ2008 to fund a Czechpoint. There doesn’t seem to be a market for Century’s glitchy hipster gun right now, but that may not improve. Thoughts?

I was thinking of selling several HK45 full size. I am not sure of the market.

I prefer the USP 45 etc.... series.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Radar Love View Post
    GB is strange. I’ve seen several 870 express tacticals with ridiculous bids (over $800) at the same time there are used Wingmasters and 1100s for half of that or less.

I’m on the fence about selling my century VZ2008 to fund a Czechpoint. There doesn’t seem to be a market for Century’s glitchy hipster gun right now, but that may not improve. Thoughts?
    I would put it for up for consignment or just sell it to a local shop where somebody who wants an “assault rifle” will be able to put their hands on it and see it in person. Maybe even include two or three magazines so they don’t start asking the store employees about extra mags and discover it’s not AK compatible.

Gunbroker folks will more than likely be slightly more informed on what they are buying.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Thing is I pick up the Glock 19 and think, you know, "for me" it's a pretty large sized gun. Still, sitting on the nightstand with a mag of 147 HSTs is a good feeling. Or, in the event I need a gun in the glovebox with another mag spare, it seems like a pretty decent option these days.
    Keep the 19. It’s just such a “last gun” useful tool.

If you want to feel even better, put it on your nightstand with one of those crazy bright Olights that LL has been pimping here of late on the front, and put 21 of those HSTs in the bottom with a magpul GL21-rounder. That’ll make you feel like a shorter, older, dumpier John Wick.

Or you know, so I’ve heard...

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Keep the 19. It’s just such a “last gun” useful tool.

If you want to feel even better, put it on your nightstand with one of those crazy bright Olights that LL has been pimping here of late on the front, and put 21 of those HSTs in the bottom with a magpul GL21-rounder. That’ll make you feel like a shorter, older, dumpier John Wick.

Or you know, so I’ve heard...

That makes a lot of sense. Shit. Now I need a...what is it an “O light”? Is that for illuminating the bidet?

But yeah seriously that hadn’t occurred to me. Last light I had was this boat anchor incandescent thing I bought for my M&P 1.0. I’ll look into the Magpul 21s. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    That makes a lot of sense. Shit. Now I need a...what is it an “O light”? Is that for illuminating the bidet?
    Zing!
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List