Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The "should I keep or sell this gun?" thread

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've sold several guns on GB. One of them had sat on consignment for nearly a year at the LGS and they finally asked me to take it back. Sold in one auction cycle for more than the tag at the LGS, and the buyer was perfectly pleasant. As have been the rest. I get the occasional annoying emails through the site, but most people have been great. Maybe it's what I'm selling that makes the difference.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Hammertime
    I can tell you that cheap stuff will sell fast, but the Beretta folks are tightwads

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I can tell you that cheap stuff will sell fast, but the Beretta folks are tightwads
    Everyone's getting a lesson in value these days. 6 months ago it was almost worthless, or so many would want you to believe. Today it's reasonably priced.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I've sold several guns on GB. One of them had sat on consignment for nearly a year at the LGS and they finally asked me to take it back. Sold in one auction cycle for more than the tag at the LGS, and the buyer was perfectly pleasant. As have been the rest. I get the occasional annoying emails through the site, but most people have been great. Maybe it's what I'm selling that makes the difference.
    I've never used GB for anything but my dealer uses it a lot. He gave me some pointers yesterday because I'm thinking about selling a few 1911's. I've used other listing sites with good luck but GB looks like a hot tamale right now.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

As mentioned earlier, I’ve been quietly going through a “caliber consolidation” process over the last couple of years. Having random guns laying around is no great impediment to life, but feeding them all can be. At this point, I’m just about done, having largely winnowed down to a few 9mm Glocks (all with P-F provenance), an LCR (go figure) and a decent smattering of older, recreational J and K frames in .38/.357 that could also do in a pinch, if that’s all I had. I feel clean; innocent.

The deals have also left me clean feeling, as a non-trivial number of them have been done on P-F. I’d rather sell a gun here for 4bills and change (instead of 5), 5bills and change (instead of 6) or 7bills and change (instead of 8 and change), etc., because it’s easily worth the hundred bucks to deal with people possessed of an above-average ability to write and communicate, and an extremely high likelihood of doing the right thing.

As I look back over my rather extensive list of dealings in the feedback thread—aside from the fact that I may have a gearwhore problem—I am struck by the realization that my first thought is “Man, Mrs Totem and I really need to take a summer off and travel around meeting some of these folks” as opposed to “Christ, what an ordeal that was.” Aside from a couple of 3-employee, family-owned hole in the wall LGS, P-F gear friends be the best gear friends.

It’s the difference between shopping at walmart in a big city, vs getting fitted for a custom ordered pair of boots.

And that’s all I have to say about buying/selling guns, if one must.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    As I look back over my rather extensive list of dealings in the feedback thread—aside from the fact that I may have a gearwhore problem—I am struck by the realization that my first thought is “Man, Mrs Totem and I really need to take a summer off and travel around meeting some of these folks” as opposed to “Christ, what an ordeal that was.” Aside from a couple of 3-employee, family-owned hole in the wall LGS, P-F gear friends be the best gear friends.
    This is too true. Many of my sales/buys here have resulted in E-friendships.

19X stock with Gadget and a bunch of extra mags... unfired so far... sell or keep? If sell whats the going rate these days?

Site Supporter
    Glock 17 Gen 4
    Glock 26 Gen 4
    Mossberg 500

It’s where I’m thinking. I’m thinking cash out and go to Gen 5 or I have a 34 and 19 I’m happy with.

Budsbuysguns offered me $450 for 90-100% for the Glocks

I am very tempted. We have a Cabela’s and a PSA that buy guns as well.

I perused gunbroker and it did not seem Gen 4’s we’re drawing more than (ETA: from then to than) that.

Thoughts?

Arms list seems fine, but I just don’t want to deal with the hassle - quite honestly I’m about that same with Gun Broker.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

The deals have also left me clean feeling, as a non-trivial number of them have been done on P-F. I’d rather sell a gun here for 4bills and change (instead of 5), 5bills and change (instead of 6) or 7bills and change (instead of 8 and change), etc., because it’s easily worth the hundred bucks to deal with people possessed of an above-average ability to write and communicate, and an extremely high likelihood of doing the right thing.
    Hear hear.

(And dammit if you all ever are in Tampa and don't hit me up for a beer, I will hunt you down. )

I have a kahr p9 that I havent shot in years. I keep it around because I never know when there will be a need for a loaner. If I didnt get it back it wouldnt cause me any grief.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List