Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas cans are about to get worse, hooray

Gas cans are about to get worse, hooray

I just threw a SureCan into my cart at Amazon, because I already hate most gas cans.

https://www.kadn.com/content/news/Ne...573513261.html

A bill tucked into the large spending legislation President Donald Trump signed into law on Sunday will require that portable fuel containers, including plastic gas cans, include "flame mitigation devices" to help prevent explosions from igniting inside them.

The "Portable Fuel Container Safety Act of 2020'' establishes "performance standards to protect against portable fuel container explosions near open flames or other ignition sources" and directs the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to "promulgate a final rule to require flame mitigation devices in portable fuel containers" within the next two and a half years.

One type of flame mitigation device, called a "flame arrester," which is usually pieces of mesh or disks with holes meant to disrupt flame, is used in metal "safety" gas cans, fuel tanks, and some containers of other flammable liquids, such as some charcoal lighter fluid brands and even some liquor bottles. But until the new law there was no federal requirement for some portable fuel containers.
    #RESIST

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Are you in Canada? Can’t seem to get shipped to US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    "PER EXPORT REGULATIONS, I UNDERSTAND THAT DS TACTICAL CANNOT SHIP THIS ITEM OUTSIDE OF CANADA: Required "
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

PER EXPORT REGULATIONS, I UNDERSTAND THAT DS TACTICAL CANNOT SHIP THIS ITEM OUTSIDE OF CANADA: Required
    I accept that I am shipping this item to a Canadian address
    I'm always searching to find a gas can I can live with. The only option I keep coming back to is those expensive metal cans with the spring loaded lid release. I understand the hazards of combustion from gas vapor, trained by the Navy to fight aircraft fires, but this is absurd.

Soon enough one won't be able to carry gasoline in any container without a permit from the fire marshal. Read this and sign here. That will be 10 bucks. Good for 30 days.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    "PER EXPORT REGULATIONS, I UNDERSTAND THAT DS TACTICAL CANNOT SHIP THIS ITEM OUTSIDE OF CANADA: Required "
    Dammit! Well, I'm glad I got mine while I could.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm always searching to find a gas can I can live with. The only option I keep coming back to is those expensive metal cans with the spring loaded lid release. I understand the hazards of combustion from gas vapor, trained by the Navy to fight aircraft fires, but this is absurd.

Soon enough one won't be able to carry gasoline in any container without a permit from the fire marshal. Read this and sign here. That will be 10 bucks. Good for 30 days.
    Time to tap a spigot on to your old beater car, and just use it as a transfer tank when you need gas somewhere else.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Time to tap a spigot on to your old beater car, and just use it as a transfer tank when you need gas somewhere else.
    If the po po caught you with that you could become the next person to go on the terrorist watch list.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I honestly believe this is their way of trying to keep us from using internal combustion lawn and recreational equipment. Doesn’t CA already have something like that- where you can’t buy gas powered lawnmowers or trimmers these days?

Jesus. How about you don't let kids pour gas into fireplaces?

User Tag List