Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The "should I keep or sell this gun?" thread

Site Supporter
    Sounds like a good plan. My problem is I never really had a plan and “good deal” sprawl has gotten out of hand. I have been buying guns for my sons since they were babies. They are not really interested; but that was one of the reasons I started buying for them. They might not be into it but they would have the tools if needed. My daughter in law never wanted a gun in her house until this year. She and her husband went to buy one earlier this year any could not find one. I was happy to give them a Glock 17 with a surefire X300.

[QUOTE=mtnbkr;1165677

Maybe the answer is to just put it in the back of the safe, forget about it for a while, and see if the urge returns at some point. The nice thing about N-frames is they don't really depreciate.

Chris[/QUOTE]

THIS is the sort of "cooling off" period I can support!

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    I have several HK45s, HK45Ts and a couple of P30Ls that I may sell. (I like my USP45s better.)

Any idea on demand/price ?
    Now that the election is over and most places don't have any pistols to sell, I would look for the last listed MSRP, add $100 to that for shipping and list them on GB. For instance, your HK45T was $1029 MSRP from this site.

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/...?item=81000030
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I don't think there's a wrong answer--keep it and load it down, or sell it and spend the money on something you'd enjoy. If you sell it, I'd put the money aside and reserve it for something specific, whether other guns or some sort of experience. I have pistols that I haven't shot in years, so I wouldn't shoot them any less if I sold them. I'm not to the point of wanting to get rid of them, but I could see getting to that point some day.
    I have some model 19's that I load down and still shoot. I use the published cowboy loads using fast powder and they shoot like 38 K frames.

At some point I'll sell them because I don't want to burden my wife with that, but I'm not there yet and won't be for awhile. I gave her a spread sheet list of everything in my safe the other day and she said I hope I don't have to deal with selling all of this.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List