Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 GLOCK in .40SW

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I will admit that I am excited about this model. I like the .40 and have been shooting it since it first came out. As I have previously stated, I am moving to a mountainous, rural area and a 22.5 will most likely be in the rotation. I will withhold judgement until I shoot one, but this looks like what Glock should have put out the first time.

I don’t exactly like .40 but with ammo supply being erratic, I’m seriously thinking of getting a G22.5. I’m quite invested in the Gen 5 G17 so this makes sense if I can’t find 9mm ammo but .40 remains somewhat available. I’m guessing Safariland has a 568 that can be adjusted to fit this new gun.

The Gen5 G22 has a slide width of 27.5mm and weighs 25.22oz. The Gen4 G21 has a slide width of 28.5mm and weighs 26.28oz. The G37 has a slide width of 28.5mm and weighs 26.10oz. The Gen4 G22 has a slide width of 25.5mm and weighs 22.75oz. The Gen5 G22 ha a slide width 2mm wider than the Gen4 G22 and 1mm narrower than the G21 and G37.

Site Supporter
    I wonder if the gen 5 21 and 20 will be the same slide width? Sure would make holster compatibleility easier plus caliper conversions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Finally, Glock has fixed the abomination that is .40 Caliber Glock pistols. Well, it would appear that way anyways... still possible they could have screwed it up in some other silly way though. I have a High Noon Shoulder Holster that may end up getting some use for a 22 Gen5 in the future....

Picking up a G5 22 before the election is on my short list. When will these become available?
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    Very interesting. These are exciting changes and really increase my interest in G22s.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Picking up a G5 22 before the election is on my short list. When will these become available?
    Word is late October.

While I've been pretty pleased with my later-production Gen4 G22 (for which I've also got the appropriately-matching .357 SIG barrel/magazine), I noticably shoot my HK VP40 faster and with less recoil force perceived. I'm also thinking this'll put it on parity with the VP40 (and excellent pistol iin its own right). I plan on picking one of these Gen5 G22's up when available. The fact that I'll likely need a specific holster for it is of no real significant consequence for me. I'll be curious to see if my .357 SIG barrel will still work in it; I'm thinking it should, but we'll see.

As in 2012, .40 is available in reasonable quantities at reasonable prices-9mm (particuarly ball target/practice) is unobtanium....

My FFL expects this situation to continue probably until the November timeframe. Looks like it'll be a predominantly .40 summer/fall for me...

Best, Jon

The 9mm full-size Guns in the Gen5 series use the same locking block as the compacts so your gen3/4 full-size barrel wont fit a full-size gen5. Assuming they did the same for 40SW. The compact guns retain compatibility for barrels between all generations.

User Tag List