Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 GLOCK in .40SW

I have no logical explanation why, since I've almost completely moved away from 40 S&W and only own a couple Glocks for sentimental reasons, BUT...

I really want a Gen5 G22 if it comes with the heavier slide.

I got a Glock 23 Gen 5 about a month ago. So far I'm very happy with it.

Even though the wider slide sounds like a well thought out idea, I don't think I'd buy one despite being very interested in a gen 5 G35 because I have concerns about holster compatibility. I would rather get a gen 5 G20 or G40 and drop in a .40 S&W barrel.

I have one (22). Perceived recoil is tricky to go by because perception can be affected by a lot of factors. I put 50 rounds of Magtech 180 gr and 15 of 165 Gold Dot through it. Felt like shooting a G21. Idk. Like the slide was cycling slower. Makes sense because it is substantially beefier than previous 22s. 165 Gold Dot has been pretty snappy in other guns for me in the past.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UniSol View Post
    I have one (22). Perceived recoil is tricky to go by because perception can be affected by a lot of factors. I put 50 rounds of Magtech 180 gr and 15 of 165 Gold Dot through it. Felt like shooting a G21. Idk. Like the slide was cycling slower. Makes sense because it is substantially beefier than previous 22s. 165 Gold Dot has been pretty snappy in other guns for me in the past.

Glock 21 in a good way or bad way?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Glock 21 in a good way or bad way?
    Good. Soft shooting, recoil more like a push than a snap. Grip is obviously smaller. Just had more of a big gun feel. Fun to shoot. I got it out of curiosity. Only shot controlled pairs at 5-20 yards. Nothing to deep.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I have no logical explanation why, since I've almost completely moved away from 40 S&W and only own a couple Glocks for sentimental reasons, BUT...

I really want a Gen5 G22 if it comes with the heavier slide.
    Pretty much this right here. Matter of fact I only have 3 M4s, couple of gen 5 9mms, a pair of 9mm HK P guns, and a 45C, and intended to stay that way or even ditch a few more, but I got the 22 because of “Idk, new blaster”.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Thanks.

The heavier “Brazilian” slide is the 40 they should have made 30 years ago.
    No doubt. However, I foresee that decision tanking the sales of these guns. People have this weird obsession with Glock comparability with everything and the fact these will require their own holsters will probably be off-putting to some folks. Not to mention holster makers need the molds for them. The “does it take Glock mags” joke is funny because it’s basically true- people want everything to take Glock mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    No doubt. However, I foresee that decision tanking the sales of these guns. People have this weird obsession with Glock comparability with everything and the fact these will require their own holsters will probably be off-putting to some folks. Not to mention holster makers need the molds for them. The “does it take Glock mags” joke is funny because it’s basically true- people want everything to take Glock mags.
    For individual purchasers, sure. For large agency purchases, I’d be surprised is Glock doesn’t offer to replace the holsters being traded in along with the guns.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UniSol View Post
    I got it out of curiosity.
    That is an excellent reason to buy a pistol! A lot of mine found their way to my safe via the curiosity route. 22.5 is on my list, but I'm not sure how high on the list. I have some mags left over from my 22.3, which in retrospect, was not interesting enough to warrant its purchase.

User Tag List