Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Model 15: This is Nuts!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Model 15: This is Nuts!

Bidding is up to $781 for a Model 15-4.

What am I missing? Sure, it looks purty, but there's nothing that the collectors would be jonesing for.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Well, it does have free shipping.

Site Supporter
    It was $805 just now. Considering a lot of Smith's new revolvers will cost around $1K, and this is a "pre-lock", like new, real blued steel and walnut S&W, there's folks out there willing to pay up.

Dave

I'm some glad that I bought a 15-3 a few years back for a skosh over $300.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    It was $805 just now. Considering a lot of Smith's new revolvers will cost around $1K, and this is a "pre-lock", like new, real blued steel and walnut S&W, there's folks out there willing to pay up.

Dave
    Yeah, let's see what it actually sells for. It's a triple alpha serial that looks kinda early 80s-ish with a slight turn line but no real finish wear. $800 doesn't surprise me too much. If it goes for over $1000 I'll chalk it up to gunbroker weirdness. Sometimes, as a seller, you just get lucky and hook a marlin.

That is above market for that gun, no reason I can see.

It sold for $880. Somebody's either single or about to be.

I don’t get it either. I’ve been watching Model 14s and 15s due to a bad carpal tunnel flare up that I’m sure indicates my days of revolvers over .45 ACP are done and there are nice examples of both for less than that one.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Welcome to COVID-19 stay-at-home-itis and actualized fantasy buying...The capabilities of the internet can be a 2-way sword. "Honey, guess what I bought today?" (immediately followed by sounds of spouse speed-dialing divorce attorney....)

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I don’t get it either. I’ve been watching Model 14s and 15s due to a bad carpal tunnel flare up that I’m sure indicates my days of revolvers over .45 ACP are done and there are nice examples of both for less than that one.
    I know! I bought a Model 14 that’s about as nice as that Model 15 for a hell of a lot less.

User Tag List