Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Former DPS trooper, current FBI agent indicted in 2018 shooting

What the fuck...
    #RESIST

Welp, there it is.

https://www.austinmonitor.com/storie...-county-races/

Philanthropist George Soros contributed $652,000 to the Texas Justice & Public Safety PAC between March 11 and May 29. According to Garza’s opponent, District Attorney Margaret Moore, the PAC spent more than $600,000 on digital media and glossy mail advertisements to help Garza. Moore’s campaign released a blistering attack on those expenditures saying, “The amount of money being poured into the district attorney’s race is alarming and abhorrent. Local elections should be decided by people from this community, free from the crushing influence of outside spending by PACs that are not accountable to this county.”
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Pretty soon we'll have "nothing left".
    Perfect response

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    We are just now seeing the fruit of what Soros has been doing for years.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-reform-227519

George Soros' quiet overhaul of the U.S. justice system
    Progressives have zeroed in on electing prosecutors as an avenue for criminal justice reform, and the billionaire financier is providing the cash to make it happen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buz...as-found-a-new

The Campaign To Change Policing In The US Has Found A New Way To Win
    A well-funded campaign defeated an incumbent district attorney in a Texas Democratic primary Tuesday night.

A new strategy for changing policing by going after local district attorneys showed more signs of promise Tuesday, as a heavily funded campaign took down an incumbent in a Texas Democratic primary.

Texas Justice & Public Safety PAC — a political action committee tied to a network of similar state PACs that have received donations from liberal billionaire George Soros — poured nearly $1 million into a small Texas district attorney’s race in recent months, helping defense lawyer Joe Gonzales defeat Bexar County District Attorney Nico LaHood Tuesday night.

Progressives have increasingly concluded that local district attorneys — who are often aligned with police departments despite being elected in primaries by liberal Democratic voters — are the key pressure point in changing the power dynamic between police and communities.
    Texas Justice & Public Safety is the latest iteration of a network of state-level PACs associated with Soros that seek to elect progressive candidates who support forms of criminal justice reform for district attorney roles across the country. The name of each PAC includes some variation of “safety and justice.”

The network of PACs have supported candidates in races in Philadelphia, Louisiana, and Texas going as far back as 2015. In Philadelphia, Soros donated $1.45 million to Philadelphia Justice and Public Safety PAC, which was created to support Larry Krasner, a civil rights attorney who opposes the death penalty. Krasner cruised to office in last November’s general election.
    They’re in Virginia too:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

The Justice and Public Safety PAC has donated about $583,000 to Parisa Dehghani-Tafti, a candidate for Arlington County commonwealth’s attorney, and $392,000 to Fairfax County commonwealth’s attorney candidate Steve T. Descano ahead of the June 11 primary, according to state figures released late Monday.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-22-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    We are just now seeing the fruit of what Soros has been doing for years.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-reform-227519

George Soros' quiet overhaul of the U.S. justice system
    Progressives have zeroed in on electing prosecutors as an avenue for criminal justice reform, and the billionaire financier is providing the cash to make it happen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buz...as-found-a-new

The Campaign To Change Policing In The US Has Found A New Way To Win
    A well-funded campaign defeated an incumbent district attorney in a Texas Democratic primary Tuesday night.

They’re in Virginia too:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp
    Oh, we know. I’m ordering if there will be a massive response from police unions.
    #RESIST

In am fully aware that I could end up in front of another grand jury, some day, even though the incident happened in the Nineties. I was no-billed, by the first grand jury. That is not the same thing as “cleared.”

It does not help that a largely-fictionalized version of my shooting was published, in a national-level business magazine. Yep, that whole “narrative” thing; taking very basic facts, and weaving a narrative that is far from the truth. That article can still be found, on-line.

One factor, in my “favor,” is that the deceased person, though a “minority,” was not of African heritage.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    In am fully aware that I could end up in front of another grand jury, some day, even though the incident happened in the Nineties. I was no-billed, by the first grand jury. That is not the same thing as “cleared.”

It does not help that a largely-fictionalized version of my shooting was published, in a national-level business magazine. Yep, that whole “narrative” thing; taking very basic facts, and weaving a narrative that is far from the truth. That article can still be found, on-line.

One factor, in my “favor,” is that the deceased person, though a “minority,” was not of African heritage.
    Most of the cases being re-opened were never presented to a Grand Jury but you’re right about the potential for re-presentment. In practice cases are only re-presented if there is new evidence but there nothing actually precluding it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Oh, we know. I’m ordering if there will be a massive response from police unions.
    Do they have the money and political capital to turn this around in the current environment? They are fighting for their lives against the “defund the police” movement.

It seems like the time to go big against the Soros DAs was 3-4 years ago.

Site Supporter
    Very true, but few anticipated how bad the result of left wing prosecutors would be. I think most suspected higher standards for charging or prosecution, wink-wink, nod-nod-Bob's-your-uncle to dope possession, and other such nonsense. Most did not anticipate reckless prosecution of officers for current events and the distant past and the wholesale amnesty given to left wing rioters.

Of course, in December of 1941, some attributed that radar blip to B-17's flying in from California.

I think the unions have got to fight, hopefully with support of moderates fed up with Soros prosecutors.

Certainly the FOP and similar have a big stake in exposing and somehow countering the selection and behavior of people who are re-investigating old cases in aid of virtue signalling, anti-discrimination or other political (vs. substantial) reasons.

But it is just as much if not more a question for "the people" to understand and choose who will represent them and how.

National politics gets the lions share of the media and other attention, but state and local politics more directly affect how people live, including what services are available and how they are delivered.

In the U.S. District Attorneys and other officials are elected, so those who care to inform themselves can make their views known; on the other hand the selection of these officials can be influenced by whomever wants to do so via PACs and similar. To get a good result requires considerable effort to find, fund and support the right people, something that is not easy, fun or cheap to do.

Here in Canada the (somewhat similar) Crown prosecutors are appointed by and are accountable to the Ministry of the Solicitor General; no voice or choice for Joe Citizen, but on the other hand maybe a bit harder for George and friends to stick their nose into who is appointed.

User Tag List