Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intriguing question

Intriguing question

Found this on the American Thinker web page. Interesting.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...der_obama.html

Oh Christ on a fucking cracker....

Are we seriously doing this ignorant, uninformed tinfoil hat bullshit again?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Uh, if you wanna know where all the guns and ammo purchased under Obama went, you could start by checking the inside of my gun safes.

Edit: I guess the article is referring to government contracts. I do have a bunch of Winchester .223 and .40 contract overrun ammo

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Oh Christ on a fucking cracker....

Are we seriously doing this ignorant, uninformed tinfoil hat bullshit again?
    Thanks for the smile, T.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hey TGS - lighten up.

I don’t believe there are crates of alien bodies and artifacts at Area 51, I don’t believe there was a 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll (in spite of what I saw on The Umbrella Academy), Pizza Gate was a nothing burger and I doubt there are FEMA camps secretly hidden out west to house those who resist the impending Martial Law. I don’t own a tin foil hat.

If reports of gun and ammo purchases under Obama where inflated or nonexistent, my bad for dredging it up, but I was not aware that it had been debunked. I remember reading about it but that’s it. I found the article intriguing (hence the title of my post).

Would I put it past Obama, Holder, Biden, etc to have done this? All with nefarious objectives? Not on your life. I don’t trust them as far as I could throw them.

It's not "inflated", nor the fact they're buying them "debunked".

It's called law enforcement. Police buy guns, ammo, and other stuff.

If I made an article called "NYPD spends $450k on Glocks!!!" would you think it's an interesting conspiracy about why on earth the NYPD would need to buy guns and...gasp...where are those guns today?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshot View Post
    Would I put it past Obama, Holder, Biden, etc to have done this? All with nefarious objectives? Not on your life. I don’t trust them as far as I could throw them.
    Where is the ammo four years later? In a range embankment and brass barrels.

If you believe the government has armed...

anarchist groups like Antifa, BLM, and others carrying nice weaponry. Just look at a recent photo of a CHAZ resident with his tricked-out AR-15 or M-16.
    I think it may be a little late for the tinfoil hat, but it's never a bad time to up medications.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

This Is No Time For Half Measures...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I think it may be a little late for the tinfoil hat, but it's never a bad time to up medications.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    If reports of gun and ammo purchases under Obama where inflated or nonexistent, my bad for dredging it up, but I was not aware that it had been debunked.
    TGS covered it. It’s not about the contracts and purchases being inflated, nonexistent, or debunked. The government buys massive amounts of guns and ammo, for legitimate law enforcement purposes (training, practice, and duty use). I have personally had huge amounts of 9mm and 5.56 issued to me for training and practice at the range, and quite a bit of .38 Special and .40 S&W, too.

Also, amounts stipulated in contracts aren’t equivalent to amounts purchased right away; these figures are spread out over time.

If you have an issue with federal LE being well armed and having plenty of ammo, well...

...tough cookies.

Site Supporter
    Hey TGS - lighten up.

I don’t believe there are crates of alien bodies and artifacts at Area 51, I don’t believe there was a 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll (in spite of what I saw on The Umbrella Academy), Pizza Gate was a nothing burger and I doubt there are FEMA camps secretly hidden out west to house those who resist the impending Martial Law. I don’t own a tin foil hat.

If reports of gun and ammo purchases under Obama where inflated or nonexistent, my bad for dredging it up, but I was not aware that it had been debunked. I remember reading about it but that’s it. I found the article intriguing (hence the title of my post).

It's already been debunked before congress as well as here on PF in several threads including this one: https://pistol-forum.com/archive/index.php/t-7892.html

First, those were ID/IQ (indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity) contracts so they are for "up to" a billion meaning the GOV has the OPTION to buy UP TO that amount, not that they are / or did buy that amount. It locks in options with several vendors for unforeseen contingencies to ensure supply / be at the front of the line if something like an ammo panic or another war happens.

Other non-DHS agencies also purchase ammunition off the DHS ammo contracts. Most Federal LE ammo is purchased off either the DHS contract or the DOJ/FBI contract. Buying in bulk gets better pricing and not having to write redundant contracts saves both the government and the vendors time and money.

Since going to the moon requires math Mr. Moonshot, here's some math for your ignorant ass...

There are about 65,000 armed LEOs in DHS (CBP/USBP, ICE, USSS, FPS, FAMS etc)

Basic duty carry is loaded gun plus 3 mags - at the time of the contract DHS basic issue was 12 round .40/357 cal pistols so 49 rounds (4x12 plus one in the chamber). That is 3,185,000 rounds just walking around as duty carry at any one time.

Average DHS LEO shoots quarterly (4x per year) and fires 1,000 to 2,000 rounds per year. More in special units but lets say 1,000.

65,000 officers each shooting 1,000 rounds per year is 65,000,000 round per year.

This was a 10 year contract so that is 650,000,000 over 10 years.

This doesn't count long gun (M4, shotgun, etc) rounds.

This also doesn't count the rounds expended at / by FLETC (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center) which is also part of DHS and trains all federal LE other than FBI and DEA. In addition to the 80 federal partner agencies ranging from DOD and Postal Inspectors to Park Rangers and Indian Tribal police, they provide training to state and local agencies in the US and to foreign LE agencies via their international division. FLETC currently graduates 70,000 students per year but most are in-service / advanced, export(state and local) and international programs so lets say 20,000 in basic LE academy programs. Average basic trainee fires between 1,500 and 2,500 rounds in the academy so lets say 2,000.

20,000 students shooting 2,000 rounds each is another 40,000,000 million rounds per year.

It also doesn't count 60,000 members of the US Coast Guard who are also armed and part of DHS. Nor does it count the non DHS agencies which buy ammo off the DHS contracts such as NCIS, the US Parks Police etc.

User Tag List