Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs, Detectives, And Police Unions Slam Goodyear’s Anti-Cop Policy

Chiefs, Detectives, And Police Unions Slam Goodyear’s Anti-Cop Policy

Goodyear Tires has long been held up as the ideal for police tires, which is why many were shocked when a photo allegedly from Goodyear’s sensitivity training was posted online. The leaked photo said “Black Lives Matter” attire was permitted, but “Blue Lives Matter” would be met with zero tolerance... In regards to decisions on how to proceed, the opinions were mixed. Both the IUPA and NAPO made this suggestion for anyone who supports the police: stop buying Goodyear tires. “The feedback I have heard, and I will admit that most of the people with whom I interact are quite of the same mind I am, that they would no more buy Goodyear tires,” Slocumb said. “It’s not like you don’t have a choice. We would support anyone who supports the police not buying Goodyear.”
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/20...st-disgusting/

They're scrambling.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carliep.../#44a5b2ac3057

Goodyear CEO Rich Kramer issued a statement Thursday saying that his company’s policy would be clarified to allow employees of the tire company to wear apparel that expresses support for police on Goodyear premises, after a leaked slide that appeared to show Blue Lives Matter and MAGA merchandise were not allowed drew the ire of President Donald Trump.
    #RESIST

Their hypocrisy leaves me feeling deflated.

Not that I was planning on buying a set of their tires, but now they can be sure I won't be.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Their hypocrisy leaves me feeling deflated.

Not that I was planning on buying a set of their tires, but now they can be sure I won't be.
    I am pretty sure that this'll let the air out of their sales.

😂
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    I am pretty sure that this'll let the air out of their sales.

😂
    You're treading on thin ice.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Not going to be a good year for them.

ETA: Why TF would ANY company feel the need for proactive virtue signaling? Doesn't doing so alienate at least half your customers?
    How about STFU and sell tires as a strategy?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Not going to be a good year for them.

ETA: Why TF would ANY company feel the need for proactive virtue signaling? Doesn't doing so alienate at least half your customers?
    How about STFU and sell tires as a strategy?
    Because if you don't demonstrate the proper "feelz", you and your business will get canceled?
    And then you have to go on social media and prostrate yourself before the masses and beg for forgiveness?

I'm sure Corporate saw this as the "safe" choice.

The leftist have taken "bending the knee" to a whole new level. "Bake that cake, or else"
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

The best remedy for this SJW Corporate Indoctrination is to bring it into the sunlight. That being said, would this issue have any traction if it were not for the President tweeting about it? I don't personally think so.

Love or hate his tweeting in general, this is one example of it being an effective tool for potential change. If we have no choice but to live in a country where even our product purchases come with indoctrination, doxing or boycotts, I guess we had better be prepared to fight back.

Cancel Culture works both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    You're treading on thin ice.
    Get a grip!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List