Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pocket mag pouches

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Pocket mag pouches

Who do we like for these? I "converted" over to pocket carry of backup mags after I finally accepted that I would never be comfortable carrying one AIWB (after trying a half-dozen different kydex/leather IWB pouches to no avail). Im pretty happy with the DeSantis product I have for my doublestack Glock mags, but whatever I got off Amazon for my single stack mags leaves something to be desired.

Any recommendations on pocket mag pouches for the Glock 43 and Glock 48? Not sure if I can get one product that will fit both but would prefer that if its an option.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Who do we like for these? I "converted" over to pocket carry of backup mags after I finally accepted that I would never be comfortable carrying one AIWB (after trying a half-dozen different kydex/leather IWB pouches to no avail). Im pretty happy with the DeSantis product I have for my doublestack Glock mags, but whatever I got off Amazon for my single stack mags leaves something to be desired.

Any recommendations on pocket mag pouches for the Glock 43 and Glock 48? Not sure if I can get one product that will fit both but would prefer that if its an option.
    When I pocket carry a magazine, I am also pocket carrying my gun. Since nothing else goes in the gun pocket, the magazine shares a pocket with my keys, light, folding knife, and coins.

I am using a Recluse pocket magazine pouch. It adequately protects the magazine while taking up minimal pocket space, and that is what I need it to do.

I have also tried a Kramer pocket magazine pouch. It functions identically, but costs more.

I have tried an elastic magazine pouch attached to a Chris Fry/Raven Concealment Pocket Shield, with my light also clipped to the Pocket Shield. I found that the bulk outweighed any benefit. The Pocket Shield works best as a way to carry a fixed blade in a pocket when other pockets are available for other things.

Anything that holds the magazine in a set orientation will take up significant space in a pocket. That may or may not be okay, depending on what else must be carried in that pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Anything that holds the magazine in a set orientation will take up significant space in a pocket. That may or may not be okay, depending on what else must be carried in that pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually prefer one that takes up extra space in my pocket, as most of the time I am carrying on my beltline, so I have my right pocket for phone, keys, etc.

Cheap DeSantis MagPacker, I haven't found anything better.

For the 43 you might see if the one they make for the Shield fits the fat 43 mags better than a generic single stack pouch.
    I haven't looked at the options in a while.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    When I do, I use a cheap Uncle Mike's pocket mag pouch and also clip my Streamlight and Benchmade to it. Its kind of a redneck pocket shield. It helps break up the outline and allows each item to be relatively quickly and individually extracted from the pocket without fumbling through them all. Because of its length the mag stands proudest and is easiest to extract.

Its not an ideal setup, but I use it so infrequently I haven't gotten around to replacing it and it effectively proved the concept using what I had on hand.

https://www.snakeeatertactical.com/p...ch-glock-4243/
    I know you said pocket carry but this is one of the most comfortable iwb mag pouches I have used. Just throwing it out there as an option and it should work for all of your mags.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    ... I finally accepted that I would never be comfortable carrying one AIWB...
    I carry a G17 mag in a Dark Star Koala at around the 10:30 position. What makes it work for me is the adjustment options and the cant of the Koala moves with me as I move or sit. The Koala seems to adjust diagonally (~45 degree reverse cant) as I wear it. When I sit it moves with me, so no hot spots or pokes.

Site Supporter
    I keep meaning to pick up a Neomag to try out. Have you considered one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I keep meaning to pick up a Neomag to try out. Have you considered one of those?
    That’s what I’ve settled on for spare mag in pocket carry. With the deep conceal clip in place of the standard one.

I carry a G17 mag and a single AAA flashlight in an old Uncle Mikes Pocket pistol holster. It is even cheaper and less refined than above, but thoroughly useful.

User Tag List