Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on porting

John Holschen has an opinion on ported carry guns (12:25 in below video):

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Darn, that is expensive — give us a detailed report! (Is it really 8-10 weeks out)
    I like the short length, the quick detach and the barrel is a S3F Solutions.
    So while not cheap it does have some innovative features and a quality barrel.

I hope it's not 8-10 weeks but it is 2020...

This is going on my current test mule 19X which is topped with a Holosun 508T.
    Last edited by JodyH; 08-24-2020 at 09:08 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I have a Mayhem Syndicate barrel/comp for my Gen 5 17 MOS and for a 43x (still waiting on the MOS/Rail model 43x). The wait will be ever bit of 8-10 weeks. I think Boresight Solutions did my frame faster than I got the Barrel/Comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    I have a Mayhem Syndicate barrel/comp for my Gen 5 17 MOS and for a 43x (still waiting on the MOS/Rail model 43x). The wait will be ever bit of 8-10 weeks. I think Boresight Solutions did my frame faster than I got the Barrel/Comp.
    Stop harshing my mellow man.

Next week I start 14 hour shifts for 14 days straight, so that'll burn up a third of the wait time.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Stop harshing my mellow man.

Next week I start 14 hour shifts for 14 days straight, so that'll burn up a third of the wait time.
    LOL, didn't mean to rain on your parade, just didn't want you to get your hopes up, because I already did it. Seriously, the attachment system is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    That second pair though.

Looks pretty flat and fast.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    John Holschen has an opinion on ported carry guns (12:25 in below video):

Everyone has an opinion. The question is whether or no iit's an informed opinion. Regardless of background, there is nothing in that clip indicating one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Everyone has an opinion. The question is whether or no iit's an informed opinion.
    Yes. I agree.

My .02...

Comps and porting are useful on some guns. Good shooters can eek out extra performance. Others should probably just take a class/train/practice more.
    Comps and ports can narrow the window of reliability and are extra stuff to dink with.
    Hazards in retention positions are a thing, usually overstated, a 1% problem, and can be mitigated.
    Bullet selection is a thing, and jacket shearing can destroy guns and injure shooters.
    G19Cs make me sad.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

3) I see the 4.25 Core is available ported. If experience caused me to not like porting, could I add an OEM or Apex non ported barrel and carry on without issue?
    Yep. The M&P that I used in USPSA Carry Optics has the ported CORE slide with an un-ported KKM barrel.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

User Tag List