Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: THE END OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Don't be a crab.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    javascript:ignoreHandler.threadIgnore();
    Looks like some sort of that SATANIC SCRIPT I been hearin'bout. Did you get from BIDEN??

You prolly watch that them there CUTIES show too, eh?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    A machinegun is already a category of NFA item. "Assault weapons" are not, nor do they share any functional feature to any category currently defined in the NFA.

A better comparison would be firearms with barrels shorter than 16" equipped with "pistol braces" being determined to be SBRs.
    Not exactly. Since braces are defined as accessories they can't be stocks. A more likely reclassification of brace pistols would be to AOW.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Thoroughly agree with the overall direction of your post. Furthermore add that we've had several specific threads on this form about how bad Biden would be for guns. I'm pretty sure we all understand that now. Additional threads aren't really necessary.

I did have one question though for you. Regarding reclassification of NFA items.

Isn't that basically what Trump did with the bump stock ban? He made them reclassify bump stocks as basically full auto weapons? And that was all done by executive order without going through Congress?

Or do I have that completely incorrect?

Thanks
    @beenalongtime

26 U.S. Code § 5845

(b)Machinegun
    The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.
    Reading the definition above it can be argued that a bumpstock can fit this definition. In fact, Bumpstocks were initially classified as machineguns then reclassified as not then reclassified back to being machineguns.

As such Bumpstocks are not a good example as it can be argued they are " a combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun,"

Reclassifying title 1 firearms as defined in 26 USC 5845 (a) like rifles or pistols as NFA items would require amending 26 USC 5845 via congressional legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    CAPSLOCK - the grip safety of the keyboard.
    Insofar as mine is disabled (and turned into another Ctrl key as God intended), I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Still fuming, huh?
    "Fuming" would require me to remember you existed in between whenever the last we interacted was and when you popped up in this thread. I assure you, I have not wasted any brain cells pondering you during that time, my dude.

But now that we're here, sell any more books to your mom lately? Still desperately craving the industry recognition you'll never get?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    @beenalongtime

26 U.S. Code § 5845

Reading the definition above it can be argued that a bumpstock can fit this definition. In fact, Bumpstocks were initially classified as machineguns then reclassified as not then reclassified back to being machineguns.

As such Bumpstocks are not a good example as it can be argued they are " a combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun,"

Reclassifying title 1 firearms as defined in 26 USC 5845 (a) like rifles or pistols as NFA items would require amending 26 USC 5845 via congressional legislation.
    Thanks ! Good explanation

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    @beenalongtime

26 U.S. Code § 5845

Only if you ignore “ by a single function of the trigger.”

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Still fuming, huh?
    Clearly, your little temper tantrum here--

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    "Fuming" would require me to remember you existed in between whenever the last we interacted was and when you popped up in this thread. I assure you, I have not wasted any brain cells pondering you during that time, my dude.

But now that we're here, sell any more books to your mom lately? Still desperately craving the industry recognition you'll never get?
    --can only be taken as a solid, "Yes, I am still fuming."
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 08-21-2020 at 02:25 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    It's like deja vu all over again.
    Or Groundhog Day.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ll-over-again)

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....d-Gun-Violence

If Sonny and Cher come on the radio tomorrow morning at 6 a.m., I'm going to get worried.

User Tag List