Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HK VP9 or VP9L with SRO

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    No, it’s immaterial, at least on the VP9L. Five thousand two hundred rounds on one particular pistol as of earlier this evening, one third in training classes with hard use. Zero malfunctions, and the SRO is pristine.

I’ve seen a sig x5 choke with this configuration, trapping a piece of brass between the port and optic, but not a vp9.
    Well, good, I'm glad to be wrong....again! Married to my dear Bride for 47 years, so it's nothing new! My apologies Sir. I've been reading everything I can find about the SRO. I have a 510 Holosun in green on my Ruger PC-9 and their 507 or 508 would be my next option, if I was staying with Holosun. My pistol isn't "available" to me yet but might I ask what grain- weight ammo did you use for break-in? It might've been the same You-Tube guy who said his SRO gets clipped by brass and said HK want's 147 grain ammo used for break-in I've watched so many, they're all running together! I also have the XS Sights work-order form printed out for a pair of their Suppressor sights installation.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Well, good, I'm glad to be wrong....again! Married to my dear Bride for 47 years, so it's nothing new! My apologies Sir. I've been reading everything I can find about the SRO. I have a 510 Holosun in green on my Ruger PC-9 and their 507 or 508 would be my next option, if I was staying with Holosun. My pistol isn't "available" to me yet but might I ask what grain- weight ammo did you use for break-in? It might've been the same You-Tube guy who said his SRO gets clipped by brass and said HK want's 147 grain ammo used for break-in I've watched so many, they're all running together! I also have the XS Sights work-order form printed out for a pair of their Suppressor sights installation.

I didn’t do a “break in” per se, just shot the thing. I’ve run everything from 115 grain CCI “training ammo” to WIN NATO 124, S&B 124, Remington 124, CCI Lawman 147, Federal HST 147 (which prints similar to the flat nose Lawman 147 at 25 yards) and Federal Syntech 150, as well as a fair bit of Remington sintered frangible when required inside a shoot house. None of these have caused any issues.

Brass all goes out with consistency and quite briskly, too.

Brass all goes out with consistency and quite briskly, too.
    Without obliterating the SRO lens!

Apologies for thread drift, does anyone know where I can get a VP9 optic plate #2 for RMR? Mothership says “maybe” by end of January

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Without obliterating the SRO lens!
    Judge for yourself. I’m done here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Judge for yourself. I’m done here.
    Don't be done! You have the sight I'm after on the pistol I bought! How do you find the SRO's buttons to press? I have weakened hands from surgeries and would like your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    Apologies for thread drift, does anyone know where I can get a VP9 optic plate #2 for RMR? Mothership says “maybe” by end of January
    All we can do is get on every website we can and leave our e-mail addresses on the, "Notify Me When In Stock" option. I must have 10-12 "Notify Me's" C&H builds plates for our HK's too, they're more money but also have a great rep as being quality parts.

Is the VP9 OR system considered solid enough on here for defense/duty use now that it's been out a while?

Site Supporter
    CHPWS makes a great plate as well. More spendy than HK, but available, solid, and slightly lower mounting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Is the VP9 OR system considered solid enough on here for defense/duty use now that it's been out a while?
    Everything I've seen points to yes - Walther, then HK for factory plate systems by OEM.

User Tag List