Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HK VP9 or VP9L with SRO

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Scrolling P-F this morning and saw the thread title. I was going to mention seeing a VP-9L with an SRO all week, but I don't need to. You put in solid work this week; nicely done!
    I can’t thank you enough for your personal RDS coaching all week, which was above and beyond the normal 499 curriculum. I really feel I got a hell of a bonus in terms of training with a pistol mounted optic thanks to your extra effort to work with me and the other shooter running an RDS, particularly in terms of understanding your methods to get rounds on target if the thing ever goes down, along with all the other exercises designed to help pick up the dot faster.

By the end of the week, I can say I found the dot on presentation every single time, including during my passes in the shoot-off, which was a “test of fire” for that. Any shortcomings I had in the effort are totally on me.

(And I WILL continue to work on tracking the target straight to the ground as I continue to train!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Street Survival View Post
    Sir, would you recommend an SRO for a carry weapon, and if so what size dot. (60yrs old here with progressive lens) Totally new to the red dot scene. Thank You for your sage advice.
    I am trying to figure that out myself, by testing a 5 moa SRO on a M&P. Auto doesn’t work well enough on the SRO for me, so that means manual mode to set intensity. I haven’t broken a SRO in well over a year of competitive shooting, although I haven’t dropped one on large rocks. I really like the SRO display size, which makes acquiring the dot easier in weird positions, and BUIS are less obtrusive.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

There's always the Jagerwerks BROS to try to protect the SRO.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Thank You for your response, I really appreciate it.

SRO on VP-9 L OR

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Just a follow up- 1600 rounds through the VP9 with SRO after a Gunsite range day. Zero issues (except a couple false dots in the SRO window with the sun overhead).
    Looks like there's a half inch or so of space that the SRO could've moved back if the plate would allow?

I'm considering acquiring a VP9. I think I eventually want a RDS too, is the OR system for the VP9 considered GTG for carry/defensive use? Or should I stick with standard and get it milled when I'm ready?

SRO on O.R VP-9

1000 rounds in and no issues. So, went ahead with SRO install on the newest items as well. Optics ready VP9-L’s. They run nicely, too.
    I can't believe the gap at the rear of the SRO and rear site The beating the SRO takes would certainly be reduced if not eliminated, if the SRO could be mounted further back where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I can't believe the gap at the rear of the SRO and rear site The beating the SRO takes would certainly be reduced if not eliminated, if the SRO could be mounted further back where it belongs.
    The H&K plate has full underlugs for the SRO and RMR, so the distance to the rear sight is immaterial. In fact, contact with the rear sight might well transfer extra and excess forces to the optic, not to mention the effect on the sight dovetail.

The H&K plate has full underlugs for the SRO and RMR, so the distance to the rear sight is immaterial. In fact, contact with the rear sight might well transfer extra and excess forces to the optic, not to mention the effect on the sight dovetail.
    Not to be hard-headed but I see a bunch of reflex sites mounted quite a bit further back (not up against the site-ramp) without these negative affects. There was nothing said by me about mounting the SRO "contacting" the rear site. The SRO mounted so close to the the ejection port is certainly not immaterial.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    The SRO mounted so close to the the ejection port is certainly not immaterial.

No, it’s immaterial, at least on the VP9L. Five thousand two hundred rounds on one particular pistol as of earlier this evening, one third in training classes with hard use. Zero malfunctions, and the SRO is pristine.

I’ve seen a sig x5 choke with this configuration, trapping a piece of brass between the port and optic, but not a vp9.

User Tag List