Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HK VP9 or VP9L with SRO

HK VP9 or VP9L with SRO

Anyone have a VP9 or VP9L milled or an OR model with a Trijicon SRO?

I currently have an RMR and I am leaning towards an SRO but afraid it might be too far forward.

cant speak to milled, but OR does not appear to be good. Sat it on there, never fired. Running holosun, very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    cant speak to milled, but OR does not appear to be good. Sat it on there, never fired. Running holosun, very happy with it.
    Yea I'm currently running an RMR on my milled VP9L but considering running an SRO on a factory VP9L OR

Name:  thumbnail_image0.jpg
Views: 8170
Size:  72.0 KB

I threw an SRO 2.5 onto my compensated and magwell equipped VP9 OR “game gun” today. It sighted in with NO adjustment needed at 25 yards, with my normal 147 grain CCI Lawman FP training rounds, which was quite remarkable (and similar to my experience with 3 RMR’s on three other VP9 OR’s). It seems that out of the box, the RMR and the SRO are both very close to zeroed on the HK OR plates.

I was concerned about trying this because the front lip of the SRO is awfully close to the back of the ejector port.

After 400 rounds, there are a few brass marks on the optic, nothing on the lens, and a few brass marks on the top of the locking block. I’ve never seen this with an RMR, particularly the brass marks on the barrel hood.

Obviously the SRO optic body is doing some deflection of brass onto the top of the pistol, on occasion.

Still, zero issues after 200 rounds of CCI Lawman 147, and 200 rounds of CCI 115 training ammo (white box).

But I sure will be keeping an eye on this. If no issues develop, I’m considering running it for part of a week-long class coming up this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by wesshipman View Post
    Yea I'm currently running an RMR on my milled VP9L but considering running an SRO on a factory VP9L OR

Name:  thumbnail_image0.jpg
Views: 8170
Size:  72.0 KB
    very nice setup...do the iron sights clear the optic and front sight post to be useable? Looks like like they barely do from your photo.

For those looking for an image of the SRO on the VP9 OR:

The group was offhand, 25 yards, 147 grain CCI Lawman TMJ-FP, right after mounting, with no adjustments.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Archer1440; 08-26-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Functionality

How many rounds you have through it set up with the SRO?

Any malfunctions or issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    For those looking for an image of the SRO on the VP9 OR:

The group was offhand, 25 yards, 147 grain CCI Lawman TMJ-FP, right after mounting, with no adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by wesshipman View Post
    How many rounds you have through it set up with the SRO?

Any malfunctions or issues?
    Total of 400, 200 CCI 115 ball and 200 147 Lawman TMJ-FP. No malfunctions or other issues except some brass marks in unusual places, as noted above.

I will report back after 1000 rounds.

1000 rounds in and no issues. So, went ahead with SRO install on the newest items as well. Optics ready VP9-L’s. They run nicely, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just a follow up- 1600 rounds through the VP9 with SRO after a Gunsite range day. Zero issues (except a couple false dots in the SRO window with the sun overhead).

User Tag List