Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump, Jr. to Democrats: ‘If You Can Loot in Person, You Can Vote in Person’

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Damn! There's a lot of bullshit up in here.

1) Every single state in the union has had absentee voting process for some time now.
    2) The election isn't until November.
    3) Covid has told those that are scared to take steps to vote by absentee ballot for months now (if they have actual working brain cells that is).

In light of all of these facts, I can see no reason whatsoever to make any new legislation like Pelosi and crew are ranting about. The only possible reason they want change in the election process is to cheat easier. Nobody is being denied their vote. I will admit that Trump bei vocal and obvious about fixing the postal service problems now is the shittiest timing I've ever seen. He's actually stated for years that the postal service is a flaming sewer pipe, this isn't new. Perhaps he's trolling the dims? But if there is a dog whistle being blown it's definitely the disenfranchise whistle. What a load of shit...
    The fact is the states decide how they vote. We've had mail-in for 10 years. I get my ballot in the mail and I mail it back. What could be simpler? No, we've never had any fraud so put that down as a fact that mail-in is secure. The clincher is you can't get there in 4 months so no need to even try. It takes years to perfect that system. No state should be considering changing their systems because of Covid, too late in the game. Feds don't have any business telling states how they should vote. Now, if congress wants to give the USPS 20 billion dollars so they can better move the ballots that's different because a lot more people will be voting by mail this year. I don't have a problem with that.

Both Trump and the dems are using this as an election issue. Not a real good idea for anyone but Trump made it an issue that the dem congress felt a need to respond to. You would more or less expect that they would just because they just aren't going to give him a pass on his totally false narrative and the actions of his newly appointed boot licker.

So yeah, no new legislation is required unless it's to pump some money into the USPS so they can continue to do their job. They sounded the crash alarm months before it became apparent that lots more people will be voting by mail because of covid.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

In NC it's more of a hassle to vote via absentee ballot than it is to stand in line.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    My issue with mail-in voting is that standing rules/laws outlining the mail-in process are manipulated every election cycle. States and/or counties have a predetermined/published date that a ballot be postmarked if they are to be counted, yet they continually find a way, through the legal system, to get ballots counted that are postmarked after the deadline. What's worse, and this is the part that invites fraud, they get ballots counted that are not postmarked at all. Miraculously, election officials find non-postmarked ballots in bins days after the election ends. Simply search "Brenda Snipes voter fraud" or "Broward County Florida voter fraud". It's a textbook example of how the mail-in system is manipulated.

I seem to remember a time when getting a mail-in ballot was difficult, in that you had to be out-of-state or actually have another good reason to receive a mail-in ballot. Otherwise, you were expected to show up if you wanted to exercise your right to vote. I could just be misremembering based on my biases.

FWIW, I've only voted by mail once, while deployed, but I plan to do so this year.
    In my state ballots used to have to be notarized but they’ve relaxed some of the conditions on who can vote and the notary can be replaced by a photo ID or copy of the current voter registration card. We get three envelopes, for the ballot, an affidavit envelope and one to mail it all back. They have detailed instructions and dates when it needs to be mailed by and we get plenty of time. There is ZERO issue with the time in my state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Here, I'll say it: Junior can go get fucked.

There are plenty of reasons why someone may need to vote by mail, rather than vote in person.

Attempts to dissuade people from voting or block mail-in votes are efforts to fundamentally undermine the system and should not be tolerated, even passingly, by citizens.

And anyone that attempts to limit someone's fundamental right to vote can go get fucked, regardless of their party affiliation or politics.
    Here is the rub.... Vote in mail with mass mailed ballots to even dead people, or how about lets do this....... request an absentee ballot, like i did so i could vote while deployed to Iraq. We have to differentiate between the two. I am assuming this is ok with everyone, lets request a ballot so we know who is voting. Not mass mailed out ballots... to every person on a roll. You have time to request a ballot, no one is saying you can not vote by mail, but request an absentee ballot,,,,,,, there is a huge difference.

Its Commons sense

Interesting thread.

I suspect that the nationwide mail in vote crowd knows it will be a disaster and wrought with corruption. Hell, the postal union endorsed a candidate (Biden). Should that not, at a bare minimum, raise a little suspicion on whether things will be on the up and up. How does the chain of custody work for a box full of votes? What happens to a box of votes when a gallon of water “accidentally” gets poured on top, ruining all the ballots.

I think a lot of people know the difference between an absentee ballot and statewide mail in ballots. How many people die each year in a state on average? I don’t know, but I bet it’s a lot. Most will get ballots.

Don’t want to go physically vote? Then request an absentee ballot. It’s not the hardest thing to do and many states are relaxing the requirements. Stop acting like a weakling and victim.

Lol, what a bullshit argument for just wanting to ballot harvest on a giant scale and cheat.

This is a weird hill to die on for everyone involved.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    I had not heard that he committed perjury. Is there an article or transcript available?
    I’ll find it in the morning. My recollection is that the committee made a referral to DoJ for the testimony of Jr., Kershner and Bannion. (Remember, the GOP senators run the committee.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    There are, but for perhaps a very small minority. For the rest of the lazy fucks who won't leave their house to do their civic duty, they can all get fucked.
    I suppose that you go around and pay all of your bills, in person? Or do you trust settling your lawful debts to delivery by mail? Do you pay your taxes by mail (another civic obligation)?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Here is the rub.... Vote in mail with mass mailed ballots to even dead people, or how about lets do this....... request an absentee ballot, like i did so i could vote while deployed to Iraq. We have to differentiate between the two. I am assuming this is ok with everyone, lets request a ballot so we know who is voting. Not mass mailed out ballots... to every person on a roll. You have time to request a ballot, no one is saying you can not vote by mail, but request an absentee ballot,,,,,,, there is a huge difference.

Its Commons sense
    If it's common sense why did I get a $1200 stimulus direct deposit into my checking account? I didn't ask for it, it just showed up there one day. If the fed thinks that's OK why can't states mail out ballots without a request? I hear Trump had his name printed on the checks so everyone knew he personally approved of the disbursement.

The only reason I got one was because I filed my taxes in early March. I could have been dead and the US treasury would have never know. That money could have easily gone to my wife who has her name on that acct.

Now Trump doesn't want people to vote by mail? That seems a bit odd.
    Last edited by Borderland; 08-19-2020 at 08:51 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    If it's common sense why did I get a $1200 stimulus direct deposit into my checking account? I didn't ask for it, it just showed up there one day. If the fed thinks that's OK why can't states mail out ballots without a request? I hear Trump had his name printed on the checks so everyone knew he personally approved of the disbursement.

The only reason I got one was because I filed my taxes in early March. I could have been dead and the US treasury would have never know. That money could have easily gone to my wife who has her name on that acct.

Now Trump doesn't want people to vote by mail? That seems a bit odd.
    IRS info does not talk to states that run their own voting polls. States run the polling places.

Hell the CIA does not want to talk to the FBI.

I work for a state Social Services Agency and we dont talk to the state run health care authority, there has to be a bridge program, we cant see their shit, they cant see ours.
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 08-19-2020 at 09:13 PM.

User Tag List