Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump, Jr. to Democrats: ‘If You Can Loot in Person, You Can Vote in Person’

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I suppose that you go around and pay all of your bills, in person? Or do you trust settling your lawful debts to delivery by mail? Do you pay your taxes by mail (another civic obligation)?
    Besides the fact that each of those items affects only one person, I have some mechanism by which I can verify that each of those transactions went as intended. Not so much with mail-in voting (both the impact of the act and the ability to validate the end result).

I also don't support internet voting because the OWASP Top 10 is still a thing despite it being a thing for years.

Chris

I suppose that you go around and pay all of your bills, in person? Or do you trust settling your lawful debts to delivery by mail? Do you pay your taxes by mail (another civic obligation)?

Hahahaha. What an absurd argument. Equating paying monthly or weekly bills with voting for the president of the United States once every four years? Very funny.

Most people use direct deposit for the things you mentioned if they don't want to pay in person. There is a chain of events that occur when you pay a bill by direct deposit with records that can be analyzed and scrutinized if something is not right. What a ridiculous argument.

Again, the postal workers union just endorsed one of the tickets, the Harris/Biden ticket. As somebody that will not vote for Harris/Biden that doesn't make me feel comfortable with those people having physical control of my vote. That doesn't seem right to me, to hand my vote over to a group openly admitting a political bias. I don't think I want somebody in any number of post offices to have physical control of my vote. The chain of custody for thousands of votes at a time will be a disaster and non existent in reality.

In another world I would be surprised this was even an argument. In about five minutes searching the internet one can find all kinds of examples of postal workers being indicted or getting caught messing with votes. Democrats seem too intellectually dishonest to admit all of these flaws, because they want to win at all costs. The infrastructure simply isn't in place to even come close to pulling this off. But, damned if they're not going to try. Trump will lose 45 states...

Edit: posted at the same time as mtnbker

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    This is a weird hill to die on for everyone involved.
    No. It is the hill to die on, for all true Patriots.

Site Supporter
    I live in Chicago and I guarantee you that the Dems will use mail in voting to steal the election. And if they will and can do it in Chicago they can and will do it anywhere. If something happens to me between now and the election I don’t care if I have to crawl to the voting booth. I’ll do it. I’m not giving my vote to the Democrats.

Site Supporter
    I really do not understand why the vote by mail thing has even become an issue. Seems to me that the only reasonable position is to say anyone that wants to vote by mail can but they need to request a ballot and provide proof of identity and a current address. Mass mailing ballots to everyone on the voter rolls is idiotic and asking for fraud. Demanding everyone vote in person is equally idiotic and ignores our new (IMO overblown but nevertheless existing) reality.

The Trump team made a terrible mistake not drawing the line between mass-mail voting and absentee ballots from day one.

ETA: I wonder how many of the people asking for mass-mail voting are also the people concerned about the security of voting machines and how they reconcile those two positions.
    Last edited by RancidSumo; 08-19-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    Name:  24F0B842-8EFB-4F50-A8AB-DB5CF0E01376.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  67.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    No. It is the hill to die on, for all true Patriots.
    Okay.

Stephanie, I'm disappointed.

All those things are correctable if the mail system fails. Not so much for the next ass that gets the keys to the Oval Office.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If it wasn't for Bill Barr, Donnie Jr. would be charged with perjury for lying to the Senate Intelligence Committee. I give no credence to what Spawn Of has to say about anything.

So no, there will be no "weeping and gnashing of teeth". Nobody gives a crap about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    I had not heard that he committed perjury. Is there an article or transcript available?
    I’ll find it in the morning. My recollection is that the committee made a referral to DoJ for the testimony of Jr., Kershner and Bannion. (Remember, the GOP senators run the committee.)
    Here it is:
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DG12 View Post
    Hahahaha. What an absurd argument. Equating paying monthly or weekly bills with voting for the president of the United States once every four years? Very funny.
    Do me a favor then Put me on "ignore".
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List