Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slides For Carry

Aftermarket Slides For Carry

What are people’s thoughts on using aftermarket slides for putting an RDS on a carry gun? Are there preferred brands? Any specific caveats? My question is motivated by comparing a $100 mill job to a $200 Brownells slide and not having to deal with shipping, lead times, etc.

Thanks

Brownells slide for the win.

Name:  2066DE09-EE30-456C-91DF-10F1735A7839.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  100.2 KB
    Name:  9E8810EE-0CC5-4E34-9471-DD53BBA54C1B.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  54.3 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I've got both (Jagerwerks, UNITY). The benefit to the milled slide is that you don't need to vet it's operation. If it worked before, it'll work after milling too. Jager turnaround was 10 days, door to door.

Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    What are people’s thoughts on using aftermarket slides for putting an RDS on a carry gun? Are there preferred brands? Any specific caveats? My question is motivated by comparing a $100 mill job to a $200 Brownells slide and not having to deal with shipping, lead times, etc.

Thanks
    Not to mention being able to return the gun to factory condition in a couple minutes AND being able to resell the aftermarket slide more easily. I don't think it's a bad plan at all.

I had mentioned this before, I had a bad luck with Brownells G43 slide. Sample size of one and all, of course.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I had mentioned this before, I had a bad luck with Brownells G43 slide. Sample size of one and all, of course.
    Did they make it right?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Did they make it right?
    I returned it and they issued a refund.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

For $151 including return shipping and cerakote refinishing, Primary Machine will mill your Glock slide for the RMR/SRO/Holosun (or other) footprint. That seems an excellent value with the highest likelihood of having the good outcome of a reliable pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For $151 including return shipping and cerakote refinishing, Primary Machine will mill your Glock slide for the RMR/SRO/Holosun (or other) footprint. That seems an excellent value with the highest likelihood of having the good outcome of a reliable pistol.
    This. C&H is milling one of my slides today for about the same price.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I've got both (Jagerwerks, UNITY). The benefit to the milled slide is that you don't need to vet it's operation. If it worked before, it'll work after milling too. Jager turnaround was 10 days, door to door.
    Sorry, I’m glad you had good experiences with milling but you absolutely need to vet slides after being sent out for milling as well as after mounting optics.

User Tag List