Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftermarket Slides For Carry

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Sorry, I’m glad you had good experiences with milling but you absolutely need to vet slides after being sent out for milling as well as after mounting optics.
    Of course you are correct, but not the same vetting process as you would perform after replacing half the gun. I've had Jagerwerks do two, and my best friend had them do two as well. Zero function issues.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I prefer a milled pocket vs MOS. My current favorite gun is a 19 with Faxon slide. I've owned several Suarez slides with no issues. Also owned or currently own KE Arms and Grey Ghost.

In short, you're fine unless you get a no-name slide off Ebay.

Sample of 1, but I took advantage of a Brownells sale and bought a slide for my G19 MOS. I’ve got maybe 5-600 rounds through it without a hitch. I’ve run cheap range ammo, Gold Dots and HST through it. But again it’s a sample of 1.

Site Supporter
    Reviving this in case anyone else is also interested. I recently decided to go with an aftermarket slide instead of having a slide milled for my carry gun. Currently carrying my MOS until this is fully vetted, but after ~500 rounds last month, so far so good. Only slightly more expensive that milling a regular slide or getting a MOS gun + plate, and it works with standard height sights.

Name:  IMG_4410.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  67.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_4400.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  47.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_4402.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  34.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4417.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  51.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Where did you get the slide from?
    I bought a Lone Wolff G19 slide with the RMR cut last year and it's been running fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Reviving this in case anyone else is also interested. I recently decided to go with an aftermarket slide instead of having a slide milled for my carry gun. Currently carrying my MOS until this is fully vetted, but after ~500 rounds last month, so far so good. Only slightly more expensive that milling a regular slide or getting a MOS gun + plate, and it works with standard height sights.

Name:  IMG_4410.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  67.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_4400.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  47.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_4402.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  34.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4417.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  51.6 KB
    Wait, what - standard height sights with an RMR? Which slide is this?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Wait, what - standard height sights with an RMR? Which slide is this?
    Zev Z19 Duty (Gen 5). https://www.zevtechnologies.com/ZEV-...-5th-Gen-Black

The sights pictured are really more of an almost standard height (.245 front, can't remember the rear height). Definitely much shorter than the sights on my MOS. I think these are about perfect, but I think you could get away with true factory height sights too.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Zev Z19 Duty (Gen 5). https://www.zevtechnologies.com/ZEV-...-5th-Gen-Black

The sights pictured are really more of an almost standard height (.245 front, can't remember the rear height). Definitely much shorter than the sights on my MOS. I think these are about perfect, but I think you could get away with true factory height sights too.
    They are similar in height to the XS Minimalists I have on my 43X MOS. Normalish is how I describe them.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 02-02-2021 at 04:33 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    They are similar in height to the XS Minilmalists I have on my 43X MOS. Normalish is how I describe them.
    I just held up a spare Ameriglo Agent sight I have to the sight. Its definitely a fair amount shorter. I think you could still just barely use it, but it would be slow. Don't know that it would be a great idea - probably best to just stick with the normalish sights on this slide.

User Tag List