Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Peaceful protests, vehicle fighting, and kiddos

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    ANTIFA eating one of their own with dog inside vehicle. Driver does not channel inner John Wick but the pup is trying to get some.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1307397452937355264
    Not surprisingly, the page is now down.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Not surprisingly, the page is now down.
    No it's up, the link is just wrong. It's here: https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...97452937355264

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    No it's up, the link is just wrong. It's here: https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...97452937355264
    Oh, okay.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread so what I write may have been covered by other folks.

In these very fucked up times and living in Chicago, where riots and streets are being blocks regularly - I have added some layers of things to my toolkit for when I move about.

1) In our main vehicle (FJ Cruiser 4wd). I've added a forward facing dash cam and I've added a rear viewing one as well. In my wife's vehicle, I've gone with a forward facing dash cam. Though I may add a rear one soon.

2) I have a backpack setup with my Rattler + 2 spare mags in a chest rig, along with first aid. This bag isn't for fighting inside the vehicle, it's for if I am forced to stop and evacuate.*

*A lot of folks say 'don't stop' - which is good advice, but may be unrealistic. I've talked here before, that ~3 years ago or so I was caught in a motorcycle flashmob here in Chicago (hundreds of motorcyclists engaged in harassment and violence against people and motorists) where at one point in my attempts to get away, I found myself in a game of high-speed chicken with a motorcyclist driving into oncoming traffic. Then and there, I committed to ramming the person and my thoughts focused no longer on hitting them, but on how to position my crashed, airbag deployed, vehicle to then exit it and protect my wife. Fortunately, the motorcyclist thought better of trying a ton and a half of steel at 60mph and broke off the game.

3) Because of my experiences above and the footage and things I've seen. I believe that a bag gun that is NOT secured is as useful as tits on a mule. In other words, if you're going to use a backpack to carry a weapon, it should be secured in some fashion within the vehicle. Right now, I clip my bag using a high load carabiner to a seat belt buckle insert (like this: https://www.amazon.com/IOKHEIRA-Mult...0708308&sr=8-8). This works okay but is still fairly slow for access. I'm reworking a setup now to allow my to attach my bag to the rear half-door in my FJ. So I can open it and snatch the bag out.

4) If you haven't got one already, now is the time to secure a vehicle evacuation device or two inside your vehicle. A weapon you deploy upon exiting the vehicle isn't going to do you any good if you can't get out after a crash/disabling event.

5) The standard rules of living in an emergency apply. I'd keep at least half a tank of gas in your vehicle. Make sure your tire pressure and vehicle in general is properly maintained.

Finally:

Clint Smith has a great saying about shooting around vehicles, "Drive or shoot, but don't do both."

To which I'd add Tuco The Ugly's message of, "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Do your best to drive out of these scenarios. If you're forced to stop and you have to engage, then engage. Do it quickly and decisively. We've all seen videos, statistics, and violent encounters if we have not experienced them ourselves. Brandishing a weapon will get you no where, get the gun out and start using it or get thine ass to cover by beating feet.

Hope is not a good plan and there is no one coming to save you. By the time the cops and the special prosecutors get there, the bodies will be room temperature and the fires will just be smoldering embers.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I haven't read all the posts in this thread so what I write may have been covered by other folks.

In these very fucked up times and living in Chicago, where riots and streets are being blocks regularly - I have added some layers of things to my toolkit for when I move about.

1) In our main vehicle (FJ Cruiser 4wd). I've added a forward facing dash cam and I've added a rear viewing one as well. In my wife's vehicle, I've gone with a forward facing dash cam. Though I may add a rear one soon.
    I have also added a dashcam. (Thanks to LL's dashcam thread). This video does a good job of illustrating how this could/should be something we all install, and for two reasons: 1) In the event you were forced to take action, you may wish your lawyer to have the ability to release a video if it provides exculpatory evidence. As we are learning, getting your narrative out first can be hugely important. and (2) evidence for law enforcement to prosecute these folks.

She was simply providing friendly directions to a passing motorist.

(Somebody should have deflated her.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    I have also added a dashcam. (Thanks to LL's dashcam thread). This video does a good job of illustrating how this could/should be something we all install, and for two reasons: 1) In the event you were forced to take action, you may wish your lawyer to have the ability to release a video if it provides exculpatory evidence. As we are learning, getting your narrative out first can be hugely important. and (2) evidence for law enforcement to prosecute these folks.

Note the woman(?) who pulled the gun was at an angle where she wouldn't be visible on most dashcams. Many dashcams now have secondary rear cameras (including mine), but I've not seen any dashcams that provide views of the sides of the car, where many pedestrians would approach from.

Someone should pull her out of the all you can eat buffet line, and ask her if she wants to get smoke checked.
    Cause that right there is how you get smoked checked.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    She was simply providing friendly directions to a passing motorist.

(Somebody should have deflated her.)
    Easy now, I'm sure that's just water retention.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Someone should pull her out of the all you can eat buffet line, and ask her if she wants to get smoke checked.
    Cause that right there is how you get smoked checked.
    She seemed to be very much using the guy in front of her as a body shield.

User Tag List