Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CA Governor Newsom: "it's time to sober up about green energy flaws"

CA Governor Newsom: "it's time to sober up about green energy flaws"

https://www.breitbart.com/environmen...-energy-flaws/

California Gov. Gavin Newsom said Monday that the state had to “sober up” about the fact that renewable energy sources had failed to provide enough power for the state at peak demand, and needed “backup” and “insurance” from other sources.

Newsom addressed journalists and the public in the midst of ongoing electricity blackouts that began on Friday, as hundreds of thousands of Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) customers in northern and central California lost power.
    #RESIST

https://www.politico.com/states/cali...-blame-1309757

California has first rolling blackouts in 19 years — and everyone faces blame

While California braced for another round of rolling blackouts Monday night, the state’s grid operator held off for a second straight night.

SACRAMENTO — The exact root of California’s rolling blackouts is still unclear as more power outages loom, and that's allowed everyone to point fingers.

Energy experts Monday cited a litany of potential causes for the rotating outages that affected hundreds of thousands of California residents Friday and Saturday nights: ballooning demand, inadequate transmission, an overreliance on renewable energy and the incursion of new energy providers that don't have the same obligation to maintain reserves as traditional utilities do.
    #RESIST

I love CA.

Someone has to be the example of what not to do. If every state was like CA, we would all have rolling blackouts, yuge gov't debt, a water shortage, bad roads, high taxes and unaffordable housing.

Did I miss anything?

Edit. It was 130° in Death Valley yesterday.

https://www.space.com/death-valley-t...0Creek%20Ranch.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I love CA.

Someone has to be the example of what not to do. If every state was like CA, we would all have rolling blackouts, yuge gov't debt, a water shortage, bad roads, high taxes and unaffordable housing.

Did I miss anything?
    Unchecked misdemeanor and felonious criminal activity.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I love CA.

Did I miss anything?
    1/3rd of the nation’s welfare recipients.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Poorest state in the US when you consider the cost of living there and average income.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Source? Not doubting you, but interested to learn more.

On the subject of energy, I'm pleasantly surprised that Gov, Newsome acknowledged the obvious. I work adjacent to the energy sector, and I see an incredible amount of pubic and government ignorance regarding how important "legacy" energy sources are.
    Last edited by Mark D; 08-18-2020 at 11:00 AM.

If you want to produce meaningful amounts of power/energy, you will burn hydrocarbons (coal, oil, or gas) or use fission. While there are niche applications for other sources, the net benefits on large scales do not exist, and these other sources can be net environmental negatives. How much energy is used, and pollution created, by fabricating the other energy sources? Net negative.

If we were serious about green energy, we would be building new generation fission power plants and natural gas plants at the maximum possible rate, and the environment would be better for us doing it.

Amazing that the message is finally beginning to permeate the minds of Cali leadership.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Unchecked misdemeanor and felonious criminal activity.
    But if you attempt to order a 30 round magazine despite the 9th circuit court ruling the laws against it unconstitutional, the CA DOJ has stated they will crush you.

PG&E gets a ton of blame from the media & masses - and they do have legitimate issues - but they have also been hamstrung by regulators. For over 10 years PG&E tried to get significant rate increases, and for 10 years regulators denied or granted very limited rate changes. Meanwhile "low income" customers (those earning < $50,000/year for a family of 4) get an additional 35% discount on energy bills and with CA's changing demographics (middle class exodus + influx of illegal immigrants) this "low income" cohort keeps growing. And with all new homes required to have solar, demand for grid electricity has actually gone down which means the bankrupt utility has had to shut down power plants and maintain an ever growing grid with less income. The shutting down plants isn't normally a problem until you have outlier events like 110° heat alongside cloud cover and/or smoke, like now.

User Tag List