Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting doesn't change

Wow. That was a concise, easily-understood, yet information-dense presentation.

Good job, @jetfire
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Sweet, thanks. I hope someday to actually get to publish the project that this video is a part of, but as is often the case that's not entirely in my hands.
    I’d watch more. And I’m saying that as a reputable applied skills teacher, more so than as a shooter. I’m beginning to see various parts of your life experience gel up. A benefit of having lived long enough to have seen the phenomenon before. Your knowledge and teaching/communication ability will still be there when you are less constrained.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’d watch more. And I’m saying that as a reputable applied skills teacher, more so than as a shooter. I’m beginning to see various parts of your life experience gel up. A benefit of having lived long enough to have seen the phenomenon before. Your knowledge and teaching/communication ability will still be there when you are less constrained.
    Having to live with one arm has been a benefit in some ways, because I've had to re-evaluate how I deliver information if I can't demo it on the range.

I do love a good chalk talk, and this was broken down very well, but I do wonder if I missed the question that the video is meant to address? Are there schools of thought that the mechanical actions of touching off rounds differ between defensive shooting, gaming, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    I do love a good chalk talk, and this was broken down very well, but I do wonder if I missed the question that the video is meant to address? Are there schools of thought that the mechanical actions of touching off rounds differ between defensive shooting, gaming, etc.?
    Sort of - if I had a dollar for every time someone has said "paper targets don't shoot back" or tried to tardsplain to me that being good at shooting "doesn't matter in a real gunfight" I wouldn't need to make youtube videos for money. This was an effort to explain that the difference isn't in mechanics, but in atmosphere.

Sort of - if I had a dollar for every time someone has said "paper targets don't shoot back" or tried to tardsplain to me that being good at shooting "doesn't matter in a real gunfight" I wouldn't need to make youtube videos for money. This was an effort to explain that the difference isn't in mechanics, but in atmosphere.
    10-4; kind of like the combatives/MMA argument, "get you kilt in the streets" etc.

Shooting is shooting, the difference is in context and application.
    hunting = applied shooting
    fighting = applied shooting
    competing = applied shooting
    recreational plinking = applied shooting
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

@jetfire
    Great explanation of an interesting topic. Thank you.

What happened to your writing arm?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    @jetfire
    Great explanation of an interesting topic. Thank you.

What happened to your writing arm?
    I dumped my Vepsa going about 25-30 trying to avoid hitting a fuckboi on a bicycle when said fuckboi ran a red light in front of me. My choices were "hit the cyclist, swerve into oncoming traffic, or dump the bike and hope for the best"

I chose option 3. In hindsight, I should have hit the cyclist.

I dumped my Vepsa going about 25-30 trying to avoid hitting a fuckboi on a bicycle when said fuckboi ran a red light in front of me. My choices were "hit the cyclist, swerve into oncoming traffic, or dump the bike and hope for the best"

I chose option 3. In hindsight, I should have hit the cyclist.
    Similar to a deer in the road. It's said that many individuals get hurt from trying to avoid the deer and hitting something else more massive. In your case the Earth qualifies as more massive.

User Tag List