Thread: Shooting instruction in Palm Beach or Brevard County, Florida

Site Supporter

Shooting instruction in Palm Beach or Brevard County, Florida

Does anyone have any recommendations for good shooting training in these locations?

I live 2 countries north of Palm Beach. Most of the classes tend to happen in Homestead south of Miami or Okeechobee. Both are about an hour drive from Palm Beach proper. Kinetic Consulting, Jon Dufresne is based out of Miami, also Palm Beach Tactical seems to host courses frequently both in Homestead and Okee. As we get into “fall/winter” you will also see some of the traveling instructors head down this way due to the milder weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking for anything particular?
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Looking for anything particular?
    Something that would be helpful to someone who I understand is relatively new to concealed carry but now has a need to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I’m sure there are some solid training in the area that I’m not aware of yet.

I think Randy Cain up in Lakeland should be high on the list for any one in Central FL.
    David S.

I live in Palm Beach County.

In general, so far as I am aware, there is no qualified instruction in the County. But there is a lot of tac-tard bullshit. AFAIK that pretty much goes for the entire tri-County area (palm beach, Broward, Dade) with one exception...

This company is based in Broward and is owned and run by a very close personal friend that I have known and shot and trained with for close to two decades. I believe he *may* make use of one of the ranges in Okeechobee in addition to facilities in Broward County.
    http://www.echoservicesgroup.com/
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

According to the Rangemaster instructor list,

Sal Franzese is a Rangemaster Master Instructor working at Echo Services Group.
    Richard Smith is also listed as a Rangemaster Master Instructor working at FTA Guns.

@Tom Givens.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    According to the Rangemaster instructor list,

Sal Franzese is a Rangemaster Master Instructor working at Echo Services Group.
    Richard Smith is also listed as a Rangemaster Master Instructor working at FTA Guns.

@Tom Givens.
    I've trained with Richard (as students), and Jon Dufrense (previously mentioned) is a friend as well. Duffy tends to focus on higher level stuff like NODs and rifle work, but Richard would be a solid choice for basic level instruction. I'd offer to do a private lesson, but 1) I have a broken arm and 2) we're leaving Florida soon.

Site Supporter
    Thanks to all for the replies.

User Tag List