Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match attendance and ammo shortages

Match attendance and ammo shortages

Have you seen a decrease in attendance at matches in your area? The numbers so far in Eastern NC are still at pre-shortage levels which is surprising.

Site Supporter
    Not much drop in attendance here in CO, either. IDPA match yesterday was at capacity, and we probably had a dozen first-time shooters.
    I did notice that there was more interest in picking up brass between shooters, though.

Yesterday's match was a little light, but I think that was more due to the Thunder storm that was rolling through that morning rather than lack of ammo. I will say though that if I don't find a source for some ammo soon that I'll be not attending matches as I won't have enough for them. I can't even really practice right now either due to lack of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Not much drop in attendance here in CO, either. IDPA match yesterday was at capacity, and we probably had a dozen first-time shooters.
    I did notice that there was more interest in picking up brass between shooters, though.
    We're seeing a lot of first time shooters at our IDPA matches also. There was a squad with 10 lady shooters and all were new gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    We're seeing a lot of first time shooters at our IDPA matches also. There was a squad with 10 lady shooters and all were new gun owners.
    Yikes. Split the newbies up so they're in more than one squad, otherwise in my experience the squad full of newbies tends to take forever and make other squads wait, which ends up making the match take longer than it should.

Back to the OP's question, I haven't seen lower attendance at the matches I go to, but I have a feeling it'll change by October-ish.

Site Supporter
    I haven’t been to a match since February.

Casual/recreational competitors less involved. The more committed are usually pretty dedicated reloaders and less affected. Some express being more discriminating about which matches they'll shoot.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Attendance at local matches is definitely down a bit. Most of the missing are the casual shooters.

Thee are even open spots for the MN section match in 2 weeks. There was a small wait list, but it is cleared.

This month is light due to 3 near by majors in a row.

In July many of the local matches are maxing attendance and the MDs were turning people away. The RO to new shooter ratio is also becoming problematic at some clubs.

Attendance is down a bit for the 3-gun match I shoot monthly. The match director is letting people shoot 22LR for the pistol and rifle portions if ammo is a concern.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

User Tag List