Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jumped Back Into Bullseye

Jumped Back Into Bullseye

Shot my first Bullseye match in 45 years, last night. Had a lot of fun learning that I really need to get more trigger time in.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    Shot my first Bullseye match in 45 years, last night. Had a lot of fun learning that I really need to get more trigger time in.

Bob
    Cool. I'd love to hear the details of the hardware. I shot one season of bullseye a long time ago. After my active duty commitment I filled one of my Reserve years on the 90th ARCOM's marksmanship unit which was basically a bullseye pistol team. I saw some spectacularly talented shooters. SGM Wheeler in particular sticks in my head.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I have a lot of handguns that I can use for Bullseye. I decided to start out for Center Fire to use my S&W Model 52. Last night I shot it with open, iron sights, but I have a Red Dot and Mount to install and sight in before the next meeting of the league.

Bob

I’ve never shot it but I'm getting interested. I spent a couple of months looking through tons of 1911 listings for base guns and found the ones setup for BE very interesting and cool even though they weren’t what I was looking for. Throw in a love of .22 pistols and it seems like it might be something I really need to look into.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I probably will never get that good at it, at my age, but I am having some fun and shooting some of the guns I rarely have shoot.

Bob

Brian Zins has an excellent series of YouTube videos on bullseye techniques.

My .22s are in the shop getting rebuilt, and I’m also getting started on a .45 project. Once everything is complete, I would love to shoot some matches. It’s been quite a while since my last bullseye match, and I know getting back into those matches will enhance my marksmanship/trigger control like nothing else.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    I have a lot of handguns that I can use for Bullseye. I decided to start out for Center Fire to use my S&W Model 52. Last night I shot it with open, iron sights, but I have a Red Dot and Mount to install and sight in before the next meeting of the league.

Bob
    During my season I was issued a Model 52 and a Model 41. Both those guns just knocked my socks off.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I also have a Model 41 that I like but use my High Standard Victor for RF. I have three Gold Cups .45, 9mm and .38 Super, and a Hammerli P240, Glock 34 Target and a Benelli MP3s.

Bergeron - Where in WeezeeAna are you? I used to live in Funroe

Was born in Houma, grew up all over, and I'm in Lafayette for the foreseeable future. I did some grad school in Ruston, and the majority of my ex-wife's family lives southeast of Monroe.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List