Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Match attendance and ammo shortages

Reasonably local indoor .22 Steel Challenge suspended until further notice. Attendance way down, along with rimfire ammunition.

This is getting to be a major problem for USPSA shooters. Without relief, the ammo shortage may reduce 2021 participation more than Covid did in the spring of 2020.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This is getting to be a major problem for USPSA shooters. Without relief, the ammo shortage may reduce 2021 participation more than Covid did in the spring of 2020.
    COVID shut off my participation for basically all of 2020, so I've still got the vast majority of the projectiles I purchased on Black Friday 2019 and primers I purchased in summer 2019. I'm all set to go once the world goes back to some semblance of normal. Hopefully everybody else hasn't run out completely by then.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Local IDPA club sent out an email asking for input for alternate venues due to shortage of pistol ammo, etc. Suggestions of a shotgun match with birdshot or 22 pistol based events. Decision is to try a 22 rifle based match.
    100 yds slow fire? I'm there if it's local, but obviously it isn't.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Attendance is still strong in Eastern NC but I'm hearing more guys saying that may start to drop out of shooting matches if supply doesn't loosen up soon.

I wish I could find a range that is open. The local ones have "voluntarily" closed until COVID is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I wish I could find a range that is open. The local ones have "voluntarily" closed until COVID is over.
    Outdoor ranges as well? Where are you located (generally speaking) because that would make no sense whatsoever. Asking just so I don't accidentally move there

Western Washington

Site Supporter
    I suspect that PRS rimfire will boom in 2021 as fewer people have the specific powder/primer combo for centerfire PRS. Saw rumblings of shooters moving back to cartridge that use large rifle primers (6mm Creedmoor, 6XC, 6.5 Creedmoor even) as the 6mm BR based cartridges use small rifle primers (specifically CCI450s) which are unobtanium.

Will be curious to see if any pistol competitors dust off their 45ACPs for similar reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Will be curious to see if any pistol competitors dust off their 45ACPs for similar reasons.
    If it goes long enough this is EXACTLY what I plan on doing. I'm really kicking myself for loosing one of my cases of LPPs now. I was hoping to find a case of SPPs but haven't yet.

User Tag List