Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: “Easy Button” home defense long arm for small female

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    In terms of accessories, do you think a laser/light combo and red-dot would be the way to go for family that would be less dedicated at training?
    I have no practical experience with lasers. A RDS seems very logical. The T/Cs have Mlok slots under the forearm; so, a simple Mlok light mount or rail would be an easily made addition should one feel the need for a light.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I recently transitioned my wife from a 10/22 to the Ruger PC Carbine. It was pretty much seamless. I have a red dot on the Ruger and she loved it! I have over 1500 rounds through my Ruger with no problems. The fact that we are a Glock family makes the Ruger a no-brainer. Since she is working from home now and I am required to be at my school, I am very happy she feels comfortable using the PC.

Before the PC we used 10/22's with BX25's and either Stingers or Velocitors. I actually like the Velocitors better than the Stingers and they were a tad more accurate in our rifles. I have used 10/22's for the last 30 years and believe in the system. I think the most important part of the equation is quality .22 ammo. I like to hunt with my 10/22 and the difference between Remington GB vs Stingers or Velocitors on game is dramatic. What I have alway told folks who are interested in the 10/22 for protection is that you are getting the rifle fairly cheap in comparison to other things, so don't skimp on the ammo.

The Ruger 10/22 Compact makes a pretty small package and still has enough barrel to crank up the velocity.

For my wife, I always felt better with her using a rifle she could shoot well over a rifle that I shoot well and wanted her to use.

Sorry for the rambling post, long day a work and still trying to unwind.
    Last edited by ECVMatt; 08-19-2020 at 11:49 PM.

Doesn't the PC9 weigh more than a lightweight AR?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Doesn't the PC9 weigh more than a lightweight AR?
    The Ruger PCC is 6.8 lbs. Pretty much the same as your bog standard AR 15 clone.

User Tag List