Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 Gauge Birdshot for a Class?

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'd probably go with a brake drum slave cylinder hone. I just like straight stones better than round ones, for some reason.
    Certainly less expensive.

I originally used the BR hones when re-ringing our go-kart engines. Easy to use and got good results, As an offshoot of that got them for use at work taking care of our fleet of 26-32 training shotguns. Again, they worked fine in that application.

So I'm skewed by my experiences, I'm sure the traditional hones work just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Definitely worth it. The gun's as slick as snot on a doorknob. When I got it back, I think it took one click on the rear sight to zero it for 25 yards. I think I've got about 250 rounds through it so far, including a Steve Moses class. I've signed up for the Rob Haught class in OK next March and will be using it there; that class is also the reason I'm asking about the birdshot.
    Thanks. It seems a good price for what they do. I might look for a pawn shop 870 and give it a shot.

Most of the field-grade stuff from major manufacturers should be fine. I use AAs for classes whenever possible just because they are the most likely to run 100% without extraction issues.

Stay away from anything with an aluminum rim. Winchester Universal is garbage. Same with Herter's. Almost anything sold in a 100rd value pack in Wally World too.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Most of the field-grade stuff from major manufacturers should be fine. I use AAs for classes whenever possible just because they are the most likely to run 100% without extraction issues.

Stay away from anything with an aluminum rim. Winchester Universal is garbage. Same with Herter's. Almost anything sold in a 100rd value pack in Wally World too.
    "AAs"?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    "AAs"?
    The Winchester AA line of shells. It tends to be the highest-quality birdshot they make, and I've not had the kind of extraction difficulties with it that I've seen with lower-end stuff like their Universal line.
    https://winchester.com/Products/Ammunition/Shotshell/AA

Walmart had plenty in 12-20 ga. today $29.48 per 100. Attachment 58978
    The Winchester AA line of shells. It tends to be the highest-quality birdshot they make, and I've not had the kind of extraction difficulties with it that I've seen with lower-end stuff like their Universal line.
    https://winchester.com/Products/Ammunition/Shotshell/AA

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Walmart had plenty in 12-20 ga. today $29.48 per 100. Attachment 58978
    That ain't a terrible price in these times.

That ain't a terrible price in these times.
    Brownell's has it for $37.96/100.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List