Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Subaru Outback, Forester or Rav4??

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Traded in the wife’s Lexus RCF for a loaded CrossTrek on a lease plan yesterday. I can’t believe how inexpensive the plan was with a pre paid maintenance to 36k miles.
    Your insurance will probably drop a significant amount as well.
    I was blown away by how cheap Subarus are to insure (especially with a 17 year old boy on my policy).
    I guess low purchase price, cheap to repair, top of the line driver assists and top safety ratings do actually mean something to insurers. Plus, lets face it... no hood rat would be caught dead stealing a Lesbaru.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Your insurance will probably drop a significant amount as well.
    I was blown away by how cheap Subarus are to insure (especially with a 17 year old boy on my policy).
    I guess low purchase price, cheap to repair, top of the line driver assists and top safety ratings do actually mean something to insurers. Plus, lets face it... no hood rat would be caught dead stealing a Lesbaru.
    I was quite surprised that the lease was sub $260 and there was a $2k rebate off the msrp. Honestly it was the easiest buying experience besides purchasing from my own dealer network.

In my short drive of the CrossTrek I was very impressed with the build and drive quality. The wife was sold on all the safety features and “comfort” of the cabin which is very deceiving on size from viewing outside of the vehicle. I’m not a small guy and fit comfortably in the rear seats with plenty of head/leg room. Only thing I noticed was in the driver seat not driving I seem to want to lean my right leg against the center console and it is not to comfortable in doing that. While driving and working the pedals I did not find myself pushing/leaning against the center console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I have owned a lot of cars, have a steep icy driveway and road raced on frozen lakes.

I like Subaru and VW/Audi/Porsche AWD the best.

Picked this up this weekend for my gun range car.

2021 Onyx for $35k. It’s a humongous bargain for what you get. Very impressed.

Snow tires go on tomorrow.

Name:  F4D31CB7-A7DC-4500-87CC-EE5F0BF42F8C.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  95.1 KB

Interior has the water resistant upholstery.

I would love to have a turbo Onyx Crosstrek Sport in the autumn green metallic color with the orange sport accents like on the Forester Sport.
    Too bad Subaru doesn't offer the Crosstrek in green, or with orange sport accents, or with a turbo or with a blacked out Onyx package.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I have owned a lot of cars, have a steep icy driveway and road raced on frozen lakes.

I like Subaru and VW/Audi/Porsche AWD the best.

Picked this up this weekend for my gun range car.

2021 Onyx for $35k. It’s a humongous bargain for what you get. Very impressed.

Snow tires go on tomorrow.

Name:  F4D31CB7-A7DC-4500-87CC-EE5F0BF42F8C.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  95.1 KB

Interior has the water resistant upholstery.
    Snow tires make the difference. It’s a totally different machine with them on.

Subaru Outback, Forester or Rav4??

I would love to have a turbo Onyx Crosstrek Sport in the autumn green metallic color with the orange sport accents like on the Forester Sport.
    Too bad Subaru doesn't offer the Crosstrek in green, or with orange sport accents, or with a turbo or with a blacked out Onyx package.
    But you can get a CrossTrek with a manual transmission, I didn’t believe it but saw one that was sold/special ordered for a customer.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MLzDhMZj6tU&feature=share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

But you can get a CrossTrek with a manual transmission
    Yeah, but the problem is you can only get it in the bottom 2 trims, and you can't get it with the 2.5l engine.

So unless you're willing to trash the warranty and modify the car yourself, you are stuck with an anemic, featureless 150hp econobox.

They basically set it up to fail in sales.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Yeah, but the problem is you can only get it in the bottom 2 trims, and you can't get it with the 2.5l engine.

So unless you're willing to trash the warranty and modify the car yourself, you are stuck with an anemic, featureless 150hp econobox.

They basically set it up to fail in sales.
    From talking with my salesman, Subaru has a higher warranty claim percentage on manual Crosstreks than CVT's.
    Clutches... the majority of people buying a manual Crosstrek can't actually drive a stick worth a shit and burn up clutches regularly, and Subaru warranties them to "maintain the love".
    He said it's not as big of a deal in the WRX STI because it's more of an enthusiasts car with a higher percentage of people who can drive a manual.
    He said the number of people who lurched around the block on the test drive who then still bought the manual was crazy.
    They like the idea of a manual, buy a manual, then learn to drive it by burning up a few clutches under warranty.

But you can get a CrossTrek with a manual transmission, I didn’t believe it but saw one that was sold/special ordered for a customer.
    BTW: fuck manual transmissions.
    I drove a stick for my first 3 or 4 cars and then drove a stick in a F750 commercial truck for 15 years.
    Give me a automatic or CVT any day, I drive a car to get from A to B in relative comfort, not to be "engaged in the driving experience".
    Personally, I can't wait until the car drives itself from A to B while I sleep.
    The idea of rowing the gearbox like Ken Block is cool the reality of stop and start traffic with a manual is shit.

From talking with my salesman, Subaru has a higher warranty claim percentage on manual Crosstreks than CVT's.
    Clutches... the majority of people buying a manual Crosstrek can't actually drive a stick worth a shit and burn up clutches regularly, and Subaru warranties them to "maintain the love".
    He said it's not as big of a deal in the WRX STI because it's more of an enthusiasts car with a higher percentage of people who can drive a manual.
    He said the number of people who lurched around the block on the test drive who then still bought the manual was crazy.
    They like the idea of a manual, buy a manual, then learn to drive it by burning up a few clutches under warranty.
    That makes sense!

BTW: fuck manual transmissions.
    I drove a stick for my first 3 or 4 cars and then drove a stick in a F750 commercial truck for 15 years.
    Give me a automatic or CVT any day, I drive a car to get from A to B in relative comfort, not to be "engaged in the driving experience".
    Personally, I can't wait until the car drives itself from A to B while I sleep.
    The idea of rowing the gearbox like Ken Block is cool the reality of stop and start traffic with a manual is shit.
    Agreed.

My first two cars were sticks (1985 BMW 535i and 05 WRX STi), but I never really had to do daily commuting with them. Everything since then has been automatic or CVT. If I had ample parking space, I'd get a fun weekend car with a stick like an old Porsche 914 or new Fiat 124 Abarth.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List