Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Query: AR15 pistol LOA w/ LAW folder, 16" bbl?

Query: AR15 pistol LOA w/ LAW folder, 16" bbl?

Does anybody know the overall folded length of an AR-15 pistol w/ LAW apparatus w/ 16" bbl?

Thanks!

I don't have any law folders on 16 inch rifles.

I measured and in the folded position the law extends about 1 1/18 inches from the rear of the receiver to the end of the hinge.

In the folded position the catch for the latch extends about another 1/8 inch beyond the hinge, however it is offset the width of the receiver extension. As pictured:

So overall about 1 1/4 longer than a 16" rifle with the receiver extension removed.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, Dan.

I didn't explain that as well as I might. What I'm trying to do is to compare the folded length of a Sig Rattler against the (again, folded) length of an AR-15. If the AR bbl length is known, I can net it out against the Rattler's 5.5" stubbie.

A folded Mk18 with a birdcage is just a hair over 20" if you count the little bit that sticks out the back, so a folded 16" would be just over 26", muzzle device dependent.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Are you trying to figure out if you can get a folded ar into rattler territory?

In my opinion the answer is yes. I took my 7" barreled DDM4 PDW upper and put it on my mk18 with law folder lower and it came out to under 17" folded. For me its worth giving up an inch to have a 1.5" longer barrel and a sysyem i can easily support into the future. Full disclaimer I just did this and didnt get to test fire yet but since the buffer weights are the same I dont expect an issue.

Way out of my lane here, but I was under the impression that if you want a 16" barreled rifle that you can have in a short overall length, you're right in the niche of a Steyr AUG - a 16" AUG is ~28" OAL according to Steyr's own website, and you don't have to deal with folding anything.

I think he was just using 16 as a reference point, not an intended barrel length.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    @shane45

Yes, I am.
    6-1/4” KAK vs Rattler. The thickness is an issue in some small bags, but length is comparable.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

User Tag List