Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2A: 9th Circuit Holds 'Large Capacity' Magazines are Protected by 2nd Amendment

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Nope, and never will, if I have any say in the matter!
    You may not move to Kalifornia, but that doesn't mean Kalifornia won't move to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I prefer 10 round mags myself. I've never tried 20-round mags, that might make a good compromise between capacity and convenience.

Chris
    I really like the 20s - perfect size for shooting off a sand bag but big enough they can be used for social purposes after all the 30s have been used up. Plus when I slap one into my rifle into my rifle I can hear CCR playing in my ears and get the feeling I'm back in The NAM!
    Last edited by Suvorov; 08-16-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Put me in the twenty round mag aficionado group. They make the gun less cumbersome getting in and out of vehicles and are easier to belt or pocket carry. Thirties (and most of my mags are 30 rd P Mags) just seem too large for only gaining 10 more rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Put me in the twenty round mag aficionado group. They make the gun less cumbersome getting in and out of vehicles and are easier to belt or pocket carry. Thirties (and most of my mags are 30 rd P Mags) just seem too large for only gaining 10 more rounds.
    I have the same preference regarding 20 round magazines, 'cept that I prefer them in my 'Commie-rifle'.

Yeah, I am 'that guy'. Y'know......the one who shows up with a milled AK-47 at training classes.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    I have the same preference regarding 20 round magazines, 'cept that I prefer them in my 'Commie-rifle'.

Yeah, I am 'that guy'. Y'know......the one who shows up with a milled AK-47 at training classes.
    I would love to get my hands on some 20 round AK "tanker magazines" because one of the real drawbacks of the AK is shooting from a supported prone position with the 30 rounders.

But being a proletariat 3rd class (with demerits) - I am fortunate to have the 30s that I have until this whole 9th Circuit decision is finalized (see there - I moved the thread back on topic)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Thirties (and most of my mags are 30 rd P Mags) just seem too large for only gaining 10 more rounds.
    I imagine that they have exactly as much length as needed for 10 more rounds; it's just that all of the additional length is outside the magwell. 10s barely stick out, 20s stick out 10 rounds worth farther than 10s, and 30s stick out 10 rounds worth farther than 20s, right?

I like 20's for the long guns in the safe. Makes it easier to pull them out.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Apparently the CA DOJ must file and En Banc appeal by COB today. If they don't then the ban is overturned and the stay is lifted.

It looks like is passing on bad information according to this guy.

Last edited by 5pins; 08-28-2020 at 10:57 AM.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Request for En Banc just filed. No big surprise.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    How many times have you been summoned? I'm going to be 42 this fall, and I'm sitting at zero times summoned in my entire life so far. Perhaps it's looking at it from the outside with rose-tinted glasses, but my first thought is that it could be an interesting experience to serve on a jury.
    I'm still bummed I didn't make it onto a grand jury for my county. They just had enough folks, missed getting on by a hair. Sure, it would have been 12 months of once a month, but I imagine it would have been educational.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    How many times have you been summoned? I'm going to be 42 this fall, and I'm sitting at zero times summoned in my entire life so far. Perhaps it's looking at it from the outside with rose-tinted glasses, but my first thought is that it could be an interesting experience to serve on a jury.
    I was never summoned before I was 40. Got the ticket 4 times since (once disputed as inside the recall window). Served twice.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List