Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2A: 9th Circuit Holds 'Large Capacity' Magazines are Protected by 2nd Amendment

2A: 9th Circuit Holds 'Large Capacity' Magazines are Protected by 2nd Amendment

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    https://www.firearmspolicy.org/9th-circuit-holds-large-capacity-firearm-magazines-protected-2nd-amendment

I won't block quote the article, because FPC deserves the page clicks.
    https://www.firearmspolicy.org/9th-c...-2nd-amendment

The link was broken. AWESOME NEWS!!!!!
    God Bless,

Brandon

Amazing. The Ninth gets one right.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Very interesting and surprising in a good way.

That is really encouraging!
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    https://www.firearmspolicy.org/9th-c...-2nd-amendment

The link was broken. AWESOME NEWS!!!!!
    I believe that other circuits have held the opposite, which would make this ripe for review by the Supremes.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

This puts the state of California in a spot... If they go to the USSC, to try to get this overturned, the ruling stands until the issue is decided, If the USSC declines to hear the case, like they have 10 other 2Acases, the ruling stands.. DiFi, Nancy and a few others are probably blowing a fuse right about now.. For you folks in California, this is your big chance, get’em while you can, because I have no doubt that the Attorney General of California is scrambling to come up with a appeal...
    Last edited by ralph; 08-14-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I believe that other circuits have held the opposite, which would make this ripe for review by the Supremes.
    I was thinking the same thing... while SCOTUS has declined many 2A cases, with multiple circuits ruling in different ways, isn’t that pretty much what the SC does- that is, resolve issues where there circuit courts disagree?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I was thinking the same thing... while SCOTUS has declined many 2A cases, with multiple circuits ruling in different ways, isn’t that pretty much what the SC does- that is, resolve issues where there circuit courts disagree?
    Yes, but they seem to be pretty picky. Unless we can be certain that Roberts will vote pro-2A, I'd rather that they not even take it up. At least that way, those who live within the 9th Circuit would get to have large capacity magazines.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Isn't the next hurdle an en banc hearing?

User Tag List