Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2A: 9th Circuit Holds 'Large Capacity' Magazines are Protected by 2nd Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    For what it's worth, PSA is accepting mag orders from California. I imagine they'll hold off on shipping for a while.
    They will ship it at the normal speed so the stay will be over by the time you get it.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    They will ship it at the normal speed so the stay will be over by the time you get it.
    That would be quite the gamble. While a violation is only a misdemeanor, Cal. Penal Code S 32310 has a "unit of prosecution" clause that makes the offense per magazine rather than the more common course of conduct rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    This will certainly go to an en banc review that will set things back the way they were. Given how Roberts has moved to the left on so many things lately, I'm not sure we want this in SCOTUS.
    Nobody wants it to go to the SC. That could be disaster for either group. That's a roll of the dice nobody wants to make, if they're smart.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    That would be quite the gamble. While a violation is only a misdemeanor, Cal. Penal Code S 32310 has a "unit of prosecution" clause that makes the offense per magazine rather than the more common course of conduct rule.
    I was implying that PSA is sloooooooooooooow.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Exciting news for those of us in CA. I bought some mags during "Freedom Week", and will probably add more to my collection.

I just did a quick check of Brownell's, Midway, and CDNN but didn't see anything on those websites to indicate they're ready ship to CA yet.
    Brownells just sent me an email that they are "Shipping Freedom" to Kalifornia.

Honestly - I am pretty well stocked. Ironically the fact that they force us to rely on "Legacy handguns" via the roster pretty much means that any "on the ball" gunner already took advantage of the rebuild kits and "freedom week" opportunites to magazine up.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I was implying that PSA is sloooooooooooooow.
    I figured, I've seen some people imply that the penalty is relatively low, so it's worth the risk. Their calculation is likely based off of one count, but the statutory per mag unit of prosection makes the likelihood of facing many counts very possible.

It was a Trump-appointed judge who wrote the majority opinion and it's a thing of beauty. This is why I voted for Trump and why I will vote for him again, even though my vote doesn't count in CA.

Go back and look at post #23, JoshS is correct about en banc.

There's already a long thread on this over at calguns, and the consensus of several of the attorneys there is that en banc is a high probability. There are some entertaining attempts at estimating the odds of getting a favorable 11-judge panel, hopefully these folks are better at law than they are at statistics.

Despite the emails some of us are already getting from Brownell's et al, the stay is currently still in effect. So probably their legal dept is telling them there's little risk of action being taken against the supplier, however it may be a different story for the California buyer. I know, hard to enforce but who wants to be the test case, right? So for now we watch for further news, CRPA has promised to send out a more detailed assessment soon and their web site www.crpa.org is probably the best place to watch for accurate info.

I do hope this stands, because among other things it will give us legitimate reliable standard capacity magazines for all those Glocks out there... I was just going to sell my last one which chokes on hollowpoints in 10-round mags, now I'll hang onto to it for a while. And whatever the outcome, it likely will be a while.

The high-capacity magazine decision was welcome. Did the decision cover any of the other California irritants, such as carbine pistol grips, hard-sided lockable containers, etc., for those of us who travel through the state?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    OK I know nothing about the law except that jury duty is lame. Who is funding these lawsuits and how do I give them money?

User Tag List