Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Hyundai vs. Subaru maybe Kia or Mazda

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    According to my Subaru dealer, every meeting with company representatives always has at least one question of “when will you put a turbo in the crosstrek?” The answer is always “no”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is what drives me nuts about Subaru. Potential customers are begging for a product and screaming "take my money", but they ignore it.

With the current fad of offroady vehicles and "overlanding", a Crosstrek WRX would sell as many as they could make.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    This is what drives me nuts about Subaru. Potential customers are begging for a product and screaming "take my money", but they ignore it.

With the current fad of offroady vehicles and "overlanding", a Crosstrek WRX would sell as many as they could make.
    2021 Crosstrek Sport, no turbo but has the 182hp 2.5L motor.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    What you want is a Levorg STI, which Subaru makes, but doesn't import into the USDM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Looks like you can’t get that one with a 6MT. [emoji849]

Any word on when the 2021's will be for sale? I can't find anything. Any other year they would be on the lot by now.

No experience with the model you are looking at, but my wife and I have loved our Hyundai Sonata and my parents have had great experiences with Hyundai SUVs.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Nice. I've heard the 2.0L engine in the early Crosstreks left something to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Any word on when the 2021's will be for sale? I can't find anything. Any other year they would be on the lot by now.
    Dealer I bought my 2020 from said he'd have some '21's on the lot this week (no sport model though).
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Nice. I've heard the 2.0L engine in the early Crosstreks left something to be desired.
    Maybe at altitude in the mountains and loaded up with people and gear.
    I haven't noticed it being underpowered at all for daily driving. Acceleration from zero and from roll on is plenty peppy to make quick passes or merge with highway speed traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    WRX and STi owners fall into two different camps, as they're totally different people:
    -Flatbill cap, vape, eBay parts crowd that beat the hell out of the car until the #3 piston cooks, it spins a rod bearing, loses a head gasket, or they grenade a driveline part.
    I mean, I can't see owning a WRX or STi and driving it *gently* - what's the point in having a street version of a rally car and driving like a grandma? That said, if you're going to run any car hard, you need to prep and maintain it properly. eBay parts seem like *not* doing that, so...

User Tag List