Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Hyundai vs. Subaru maybe Kia or Mazda

Hyundai vs. Subaru maybe Kia or Mazda

My 2.0 is fine for a daily commuter but it’s not Gymkhana material by any means. While I don’t need 530 HP, 300 would be damn cool and quite doable with a stick. ETA: they do offer a stick, just in the 2.0 though. Bummer. But they are heading in the right direction at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 08-18-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    The 2.0 in the Subaru’s have been almost Honda reliable. Short on power unless you use the triptronic and the deal with the lag. With a Subaru follow the maintenance intervals and you will get plenty of life out of the car. If there is any tough terrain to deal with I would get the manual before the cvt. There cvt are nice for the street but on unimproved roads but push em hard a kablooie.

We were doing 86 mph in the Raptor on adaptive cruise on I-90 this afternoon, and a dude blew past in a white Honda Fit “Sport.” 90 mph looked comfortable for him.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Pretty happy with my Hyundai Venue, manual transmission. Definitely a city car, but can drive on a highway without too much distraction. Excellent gas mileage. Reminds me of my Honda Civic hatchback manual trans days.

Certainly not luxury, but gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We were doing 86 mph in the Raptor on adaptive cruise on I-90 this afternoon, and a dude blew past in a white Honda Fit “Sport.” 90 mph looked comfortable for him.
    Mildly off topic, and I'm not doubting the Fit, but for comfortable high-speed cruising, I don't think there's much that beats an Audi. They just feel completely planted/stable and never really seem to be working hard, even up to speeds that have a lot of other cars shaking and rattling.

I rented a Fit in Hawaii. I didn't mind spending only $30 in fuel for three days, and it was roomy enough inside, but damn getting in and out of that thing sucked. The valet at the hotel was a 6'5" Navy dude for those three days. I tipped him an extra $50 at the end of our stay because he didn't complain once folding himself into that thing. I've been a truck guy for so long I can't enjoy a car anymore.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Congrats JodyH.

For you guys touting the Honda FIT, I believe I read that they are discontinuing that model. True?
    Yes, according to Autoblog. 2020 is the last MY for the North American Fit (aka Jazz in the rest of the world).

User Tag List