Thread: Brushing scam

Brushing scam

In the past month I have gotten five Amazon packages I have not ordered. I first I thought someone was sending me and my family stuff. When I checked with the people that would be likely to sent it they all said they had not. First was two American flag neck gaiters. Then a girls summer dress (not my size). Two packages were delivered wile we were on vacation but missing when we got home (this despite the fact I has put in a mail hold). Then yesterday a pair of boys shoes.

I contacted Amazon and they said someone would look into my account activity and see if something is going on. Oh, I forgot to mention some using my Amax (on Amazon) just before this happened. I was able to stop it quickly because I get email alerts when it's used. Amax had to send me a new card.

So I so a quick web search and find out about "brushing". This is where people get stuff from Amazon they did not order by sellers so the seller can write a review as a "verified purchase".

https://www.bbb.org/article/news-rel...em-for-victims

Kind of uncomfortable to be honest.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I've gotten 1 LED light bulb and a box of sparkplugs usable in a boat motor. I don't own a boat or boat motor.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Heard a lot about this scam and seeds, locally. Also never liked the idea that stores MUST store your payment information, most of my purchases online, allow me to put in payment information every time.
    Amazon required me to put it in, then after the transaction, delete the info.

User Tag List