Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I read on Enos about stoppages with brass getting caught under the lip of the SRO with a Core, but not sure what plate was being used. Hope the C&H design mitigates that.
    We put 10K factory rounds through the T&E CORE with a factory plate and I watched almost every round fired. That never happened. I have an SRO on a CORE with a few thousand rounds and have several partners with the same setup and even more rounds. All have used the factory plates. I have never heard or seen of that malfunction except in this thread.

I’m not even sure how that could happen.

I do like C&H plates. I have one on my Glock 17/SRO and we just installed one on one of our Department T&E G17s to test a Holosun optic. All that said I don’t think the C&H plate is necessary for what is claimed here.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    We put 10K factory rounds through the T&E CORE with a factory plate and I watched almost every round fired. That never happened. I have an SRO on a CORE with a few thousand rounds and have several partners with the same setup and even more rounds. All have used the factory plates. I have never heard or seen of that malfunction except in this thread.

I’m not even sure how that could happen.

I do like C&H plates. I have one on my Glock 17/SRO and we just installed one on one of our Department T&E G17s to test a Holosun optic. All that said I don’t think the C&H plate is necessary for what is claimed here.
    Did the test gun optic screws use blue loctite, purple, VC3, sidewalk bubble gum or a mix of all?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Nice. That's the ported, yes ?
    Yes it is the ported version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

For those shooting the new CORE 2.0 models, given all the hassle around getting them, what caused you to go that way over a Glock?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

For those shooting the new CORE 2.0 models, given all the hassle around getting them, what caused you to go that way over a Glock?
    I’m heavily invested in v1 M&P9s and support gear. After I purchased your old g17 atom/Aimpoint I’ve been interested in dot guns but never really put the time in. The 2.0 CORE/RMR guns are the future so I’m getting on the train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I read on Enos about stoppages with brass getting caught under the lip of the SRO with a Core, but not sure what plate was being used. Hope the C&H design mitigates that.
    Possibly to do with bunny fart gamer loads?
    David S.

Grip angle, trigger

30 year old ergo labeled as perfection? No thanks

Is the Glock striker system safer ? Maybe. But maybe only because Glock told us it is.

And I’m going to take a bunch of shit for this - but I don’t believe the fully cocked strikers are any more dangerous for aiwb.

If the chance of junk shooting was so much greater with a non Glock - we’d see 10,000 new dickless operators on IG every day.

“SCD control device is an added layer of safety and that’s a good thing”

Cool. Being in better shape is an added level of dangerous for a gun guy and added layer of health over all.

Very few are as eager take their Fitness as far as their added layers of gun handling.

Now to prevent seeming like a Total ass - I do envy those who shoot and enjoy glocks well.

Truth - sticking a grock in my hand reduces my natural level of ability by what feels like 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Did the test gun optic screws use blue loctite, purple, VC3, sidewalk bubble gum or a mix of all?
    We used Loctite 248. We have found the 248 to be easier to apply compared to some other products and if done correctly has a really good balance of hold while not stripping screws on removal. We use it on larger screws such as the 6-32 and M3 screws for the RMR/MOS/CORE. We did have one screw come loose and shear at the very end of the 10,000 rounds. We had shot 2,000 rounds in about a half hour just to see what happens, cooling the pistol by dipping the slide and barrel in water when it got too hot to handle. The rear of the slide was so hot we couldn’t touch it. That was certainly interesting and educating, it wasn’t realistic and sort of set things up for failure.

On smaller screws or those with small (like 5/64”) hex heads I’ve started using VC-3. I had some poor performance in the past with VC-3 on Glock front sights and optics but I think part of it was applying too much and with the optic there was an issue with that specific mount not fitting correctly. I used VC-3 on the 5/64” hex head screws to mount our test Leupold DPP on a CORE and So far we’ve gone 7,000 rounds with no issues. I used VC-3 as per CHPWS instructions to mount a personal SRO to my G17 with the C&H plate and while I’ve only shot a couple thousand rounds or so, I’ve had no problems. I also mounted our test Holosun to a Glock using a C&H plate With VC-3 but we haven’t started shooting it yet.

I’ve not found my “perfect” pistol. 1911s shoot flat and have great triggers but are slow to reload and too finicky to be my go-too, though I do love them. Glocks are accurate and reliable but as Duke mentioned, I feel like I have to work harder to get the performance I want out of the stock trigger - even the Gen 5 versions. I don’t find the grip angle or profile ideal either.

The original M&P had the same issues as the Glock for me (poor ergos and trigger) but in different ways. I see how many people found the M&P to feel better in the hand compared to the Glock but I never felt I could wedge my hand into the grip tang like I could with a Glock and with other pistols. Then the 2.0 came along. The trigger feels way better than the 1.0 or Glock, the grip profile and factory stippling make for a very positive grip and the deletion of the beaver tail (which many people liked) helps the web of my hand wedge high in the tang.

Now, while the 2.0 is a big improvement in my opinion it still isn’t perfect. For an iron sight gun my 5” is really accurate, but the 4.25” guns still seem to lack consistency in accuracy compared to Glocks. The Apex barrel seems to be the answer to this but it isn’t an option for some people who are required by policy to use stock guns and I only have one barrel installed right now which means two other COREs still have the factory barrel.

At this point I think both the M&P and Glock are good options. There are things I like about both and things I’d like to improve about both. I’m currently carrying a Glock 19MOS with an RM09 but I switch back and forth between Glocks and M&Ps and my goal is to achieve a consistency and confidence in my performance with both.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    One of my coworkers just picked up an M&P 2.0C CORE. Mounted a Holosun 507C on it, and we spent some time shooting steel the other day. Waaaaaay more accurate and faster with this than any Glock I've ever shot, and frankly better than the 320's ive been shooting a bunch lately. My wallet is already feeling the ache....

User Tag List