Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by professor View Post
    I have one there waiting to be milled for a 509 now. Here are some pictures I saved they have posted. My slide is wearing an Ameriglo set that is basically stock height. There should not be any reason a Dawson rear could not be easily added to being it up a bit higher if needed. But I think I’ll be happy with the height as pictured.

A few questions...

Have you got this back and had a chance to run it so as to report some impression of the work? Also, did you have to send your optic in with the slide? I'm getting ready to send one in and have an inquiry in at Floyd's but a little redundancy never hurts.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    A few questions...

Have you got this back and had a chance to run it so as to report some impression of the work? Also, did you have to send your optic in with the slide? I'm getting ready to send one in and have an inquiry in at Floyd's but a little redundancy never hurts.
    I got it back on less than 14 days from the day I shipped it. It runs great. I’ve put a couple of thousand rounds through it. I’m very happy with it. I did not send an optic with it. The only thing that would have been better, is if they had an option to nitride the slide. I just left it unfinished since it is stainless.

Last edited by professor; 10-09-2021 at 09:43 PM.

That looks very sharp with the low-pro sights, compared to the taller sights on my Optics Ready model.

Name:  mp2-OR-Holosun509t-Rd.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  63.6 KB

I said on another board, I'm only 300 rounds in, but if I had to do it over again... I'd probably just get a regular 2.0 Compact and have it direct milled, with the rear sight in front of the optic. I like how that looks. Wouldn't have to mess with plates and it be an overall "tighter" package.

I got it back on less than 14 days from the day I shipped it. It runs great. I’ve put a couple of thousand rounds through it. I’m very happy with it. I did not send an optic with it. The only thing that would have been better, is if they had an option to nitride the slide. I just left it unfinished since it is stainless.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
    That looks very sharp with the low-pro sights, compared to the taller sights on my Optics Ready model.

Name:  mp2-OR-Holosun509t-Rd.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  63.6 KB

I said on another board, I'm only 300 rounds in, but if I had to do it over again... I'd probably just get a regular 2.0 Compact and have it direct milled, with the rear sight in front of the optic. I like how that looks. Wouldn't have to mess with plates and it be an overall "tighter" package.
    Mine is actually a compact slide one a full size frame. I had an extra compact in the safe. I almost had them put the rear sight in front of the optic. But, I have a few competition guns that I can’t change and I wanted to keep as much commonality as I can across the platforms I shoot often. I still may send another to experiment with the optic to the rear though.

Great, thanks for the info. I heard back from Floyd's and they confirmed the same. Sending in my slide today.

Impressed with Floyd's service so far. They received my slide Monday and i received a shipping notice today. If the work is good, i don't see a reason to go elsewhere for m&p work at the moment. I'll report after i get the optic mounted and 1k or so through it

I received the slide back from Ffloyds today. Certainly dig the painless mounting via the direct milled crossbolt dot. I hope all dots go this way.

Name:  IMG_20211022_135023.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20211022_135055.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  20211022_121931.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  31.9 KB

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Would you mind to post a picture of how those factory sights cowitness through the optic?

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    That's exactly what I'm looking for. Would you mind to post a picture of how those factory sights cowitness through the optic?
    Best I've got at hand. If i remember I'll grab one in better light at the range.

Name:  20211023_080641.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  17.2 KB

Name:  2DA1E17F-0F1F-4089-85C2-B30404BEC700.jpeg
Views: 336
Size:  98.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List