Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I’m kinda torn. I know milling is the better option. But my dealer has the optics ready compact in stock as well has a 507C that I’d want to put on there. I can walk in there today and have it ready to go for like less than a grand.

Then, if I like it, I could get a regular 2.0 and have it milled. But I like how fast, easy, and cheap I could get set up with an M&p and optic to try out.

And then on a completely different idea I’ve been wanting a Staccato C2 optics ready but wait time is 3-4 months. I know of a retailer with the iron sighted C2 in stock so thought about getting that and then having it milled for the Chambers plate.
    CORE is probably the way for you to go

@GJM has a solution been worked out with CHPWS for your 509T work?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    @GJM has a solution been worked out with CHPWS for your 509T work?
    Good timing. Buck from Chip Wiz called me today and said he had my pistol, and the plate was warped. Said he was installing a new proper plate and would test fire it tomorrow. Good response so far.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Good timing. Buck from Chip Wiz called me today and said he had my pistol, and the plate was warped. Said he was installing a new proper plate and would test fire it tomorrow. Good response so far.
    Good stuff, hopefully that gets it done! We’re you having to send the whole gun in? Hopefully on their dime!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Good stuff, hopefully that gets it done! We’re you having to send the whole gun in? Hopefully on their dime!
    Yes and yes!

Does anyone have a pic of the factory optics cut in the slide? Is there any sort of recoil bosses for the plate to set in? Or just flat with screw holes in slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:  232925E5-B2FF-4140-843B-72BC98441BCE.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  75.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Does anyone have a pic of the factory optics cut in the slide? Is there any sort of recoil bosses for the plate to set in? Or just flat with screw holes in slide.

The core uses two raised bosses that mate to circular cuts in the optic plate. Not ideal but when done right I like it better than the MOS. In the pic you may notice the sheared screw still threaded into the hole. That’s what happens when you shoot 1,985 rounds in around 20 minutes, dipping the gun in water when it’s too hot to hold. I don’t recommend doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Name:  232925E5-B2FF-4140-843B-72BC98441BCE.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  75.2 KB

The core uses two raised bosses that mate to circular cuts in the optic plate. Not ideal but when done right I like it better than the MOS. In the pic you may notice the sheared screw still threaded into the hole. That’s what happens when you shoot 1,985 rounds in around 20 minutes, dipping the gun in water when it’s too hot to hold. I don’t recommend doing that.
    Thank you. That is good that it has lugs. And yikes!

Site Supporter
    Ok, bringing this one back. Is the CORE system working well for people or has everyone dropped the CORE and moved on? I think I may want a CORE 4" with a thumb safety but I don't want to deal with optics and plates coming loose all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    Ok, bringing this one back. Is the CORE system working well for people or has everyone dropped the CORE and moved on? I think I may want a CORE 4" with a thumb safety but I don't want to deal with optics and plates coming loose all the time.
    I have shot CORE pistols for 12 months. I had a screw shear on one slide and Smith replaced it. No other failures, excepting the 509T issues which was a Chip Wiz issue. I have been using OEM, Chip Wiz and C More plates.

User Tag List