Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Core

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    To order from Taran you have to text a picture of your Precious.
    Autocorrect was trying to replace the precision in Springer Precision with precious. The irony was not lost on me.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So are the 2.0 core models other than the 5” ported available outside LE purchase circles ?
    Per S&W's page you can get M2.0 Performance Center 4.25” and 5" guns ported and non-ported. They have a SKU for each. I've seen them available on Gunbroker. They also have a 4" Compact "LE-only" model along with the 4.25" and 5" guns which seem to be mythical.
    I'm really interested in a PC ported gun as I was thinking of putting PMM comp on one of my guns but the lack of lengthening the package and utilizing existing holsters is attractive benefit of the ported. I know once I get one I'll be disappointed that it didn't make splitting playing cards easier (possible) or give me a physique like @Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Seems like the 17s ran but didn't drop out of the Gen1s

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Never had an issue with my 1.0. Granted it was normally wearing Taylor Freelance bases but even the factory mags drop free in all my 1.0s in all calibers. Mags dropping good is one of several reasons I prefer the M&P over Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Seems like the 17s ran but didn't drop out of the Gen1s
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Never had an issue with my 1.0. Granted it was normally wearing Taylor Freelance bases but even the factory mags drop free in all my 1.0s in all calibers.
    I think it is what was understood, but just clarifying that all my factory and the three ACT mags pop right out of all of my 1.0 and 2.0 guns, just the 17 round ETS were a little stubborn from my 1.0 gun.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I played with a few back when they first dropped in 2017 (non CORE version). Looking back through my notes, I see that I dropped them for two main reasons:

1. One of my three grouped well at 25 yards with a variety of ammo. One would only group well with specific ammo. One wouldn't group well with anything and went back to Smith for a new barrel and extractor. It was acceptable after that.
    2. One of my three had problems extracting - the one that went back to Smith. It ran fine after it came back, but there were quite a few reports of other M&P 2.0's developing extraction issues at low round counts (over 1,000).

At the time, there were quite a few reports of problems with magazines that suggested weak magazine springs, though I never had issues with any of my magazines. Still, the reports were widespread enough that I preemptively purchased +10% springs.

I LOVED the way they shot. Felt recoil is modest and the front sight returns to the rear notch quickly without much extra movement. Triggers are decent and clean up well. They are easy guns to shoot well.

But...finding a pair of them that ran and grouped with a decent variety of ammo was nearly as much of a challenge with the 2.0 as it was with the 1.0. I ended up going with the 320 (and didn't that work out great? I still can't safely carry the damn things).

If current users are putting rounds through them and having acceptable accuracy and reliability, especially with a pair or brace of them, then it may be time to take another look (speaking for myself).
    3 years ago non performance center non core guns.....

Sort of like thinking a gen 5 Glock is trash because some gen 4’s were.

This 3 pack has -/+ 16k rounds on them. Most of it on the mixed combos of a 1.0 PC upper/2.0 full size lower.

In those rounds there have been 2 stoppages: a stuck mag follower failing to advance the next round. Mag out, whack on leg. Back in, run slide, trigger, boom as normal. The other was a failure to chamber on the 5” When my wonky grip stopped the slide with thumb pressure.

Apex makes and sells a ton of glocks extractors - and some folks think those just a good insurance policy.
    Apex makes and sells M&p extractors - folks view it as a reason to avoid Smith.

Lastly I suck at 25M shooting. But if an idiot like me can get consistent hits at 100m with them and strong hand card splits at 10m then anyone can do well with them.

I don’t have any B8 bulls to show you for any of them. I’d be willing to ship a whole gun RMR and all to someone like doc Glock or GJM to let them put it on paper and see what it can do.

Name:  B4B0AACD-364E-46E3-ACE9-E336AA07B897.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  34.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    @Duke so what your saying is you like what the M&P CORE has to offer and can get similar performance as what you were getting with the STI?

Accuracy is improved over gen1 M&P?

I’m heavily invested in M&P, I’ve been playing with the idea of a different platform but if I could just go to the v2.0 and make gains over the v1 then it will be substantially less money in the long run. And I wouldn’t have to sell my 5shot SME AIWB rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haven’t used the ets mags. Non oem mags for any pistol seem odd to me. New 2.0 17rnds can be had for $18-25 so its Not worth the gamble for me

As to the 2011 comparison - the dvc-p was, in regards to just pulling the trigger and getting Hits, was simply a magic gun. Zero recoil, super smooth slide travel. Magic.

But all other aspects of gun handling were hindered by its 52oz loaded and carried weight and general size of the thing in my hands. The mags are huge and for some that’s not issue. For me I could not reload it, draw or move it as fast as other guns.

I’ve now done my career best shoot with a PC 2.0 core (.85 A zone draws, .10 splits, .05-10 reaction times on a prepped trigger, 1.17 Gabe white immediate incapacitation, 1.27 failure to stop). I’m not saying I need to do those things -nor even that doing so in a DGU would be a good thing, but I know I can. So though the 2011 was much easier to shoot - the M&p makes all other areas of gun handling simpler
    Last edited by Duke; 08-14-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Name:  B4B0AACD-364E-46E3-ACE9-E336AA07B897.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  34.2 KB
    Want to hug and hold it.

Despite never committing to the M&P over Glock, I continue to have a soft spot for them. Thanks for your input.

Haven’t used the ets mags. Non oem mags for any pistol seem odd to me. New 2.0 17rnds can be had for $18-25 so its Not worth the gamble for me

As to the 2011 comparison - the dvc-p was, in regards to just pulling the trigger and getting Hits, was simply a magic gun. Zero recoil, super smooth slide travel. Magic.

But all other aspects of gun handling were hindered by its 52oz loaded and carried weight and general size of the thing in my hands. The mags are huge and for some that’s not issue. For me I could not reload it, draw or move it as fast as other guns.

I’ve now done my career best shoot with a PC 2.0 core (.85 A zone draws, .10 splits, .05-10 reaction times on a prepped trigger, 1.17 Gabe white immediate incapacitation, 1.27 failure to stop). I’m not saying I need to do those things -nor even that doing so in a DGU would be a good thing, but I know I can. So though the 2011 was much easier to shoot - the M&p makes all other areas of gun handling simpler
    Sounds like you need to not skip arm day so you can swing those 52 oz guns around faster :P

Thanks for your input, I know where my limited mad money is going now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

1) reasonable price?

2) you do trigger work?

3) why RMR not SRO?
    11828 is the non ported 5”. 11833 is ported 5”
    11826 is the non ported 4.25. 11831 is the Ported 4.25

Paid $659-720 shipped for each of mine. But got them all before the crazy hit.

I bought and tried all configuration of apex parts and didn’t like any - returned all to stock and was happy. I dig the steeply hooked factory trigger. I adjust the trigger stop to basically zero overtravel - no issues with dead trigger.

Along with the Lighter recoil springs I use the Wolff reduced striker spring. I’ve had no issues with light strikes on any ammo and any of my 5 total m&ps (2 4.25, 2 5” and one 4” compact). The lighter striker Spring is worth about 6 ounces of total pull weight reduction

I wanted to love the SRO but find the relative hugeness to be too far in the other direction

My aiwb mag pouch is close enough as well that the sro hood touched and bothers me.

User Tag List